Nineteen

"MUMMY, WILL daddy be ok?" The young princess asked her mother, the queen. Her father had taken Ill rather quickly, and showed no signs of recovery.

"Yes, Lulla. Your father will be fine" the queen replied coldly, a tear threatening to fall down her face. She knew he wouldn't get better. His condition would only get worse. She had a daughter to look after and teach. She could not stop to mourn his forthcoming death until this had been done, until Lulla had grown and learned.

Sat by the bed, Lulla glanced sadly at the still unconscious body of her father. She felt guilty although she had done nothing wrong, yet a part of her thought she had deserved the cold looks and words she received from her mother.

Her brother, only 5 years old, was sat in her lap, giggling and babbling away happily, a joyful smile on his face. She wished she could be as carefree as he was. He had obviously no idea that his father was suffering, and could pass at any given time. She'd give anything to be like him.
Even the royal crown.

She would, without a second thought. She couldn't stand the thought of having to take over after her mother, she was frightened. Frightened of the world outside, the stories she'd heard when she was a little younger than she was now.

A few tears escaped her ducts, and ran down her face. She was scared, so scared for the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Up. Look up" Pip heard a voice say. She must have blacked out temporarily.

Everyone struggled to their feet, Pip realising, with a quiet sigh of relief, that she wasn't the only one who blacked out.

"Are you okay, Pip?" She heard a voice from beside her. She turned around to see River. She smiled.

"Yeah. Are you?" River smiled, nodding her head.

"What happened?" Amy asked, Pip hearing her voice. She walked up to her and squeezed her hand, smiling. Amy returned the smile.

"We jumped" River responded.

"Jumped where?"

"Up. Up. Look up" the Doctor told them all, making sure everyone was still there. He sighed in relief when he saw everyone was still there.
That Pip was still there.

"Where are we?" Amy asked, taking in her surroundings.

"Exactly where we were. The exact same spot" Pip observed, receiving a confused glance from the redhead in response.

"No we're not"

"Move your feet" the Doctor told Amy.

The Doctor moved to sonick a circular hatch found in the floor, which had six inset lights around it.

"Okay, what are we looking at? Explain, please" Pip directed her question more so toward River than the Doctor, but got a response from the Doctor instead, not that she really cared right now.

"Oh come on, you two, think. The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?" He asked them both, already knowing the answer, obviously.

The group were now stood upside down on the hull of the Byzantium.

"The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the gravity globe to give us an up draft, and here we are" the Doctor further explained for everyone.

"Doctor, the statues. They look more like Angels now" Octavian pointed out, looking at the statues around them.

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army" the Doctor replied calmly.

All of a sudden, the circular hatch opened, and a light goes out with an audible bang sound, Pip jumping at the noise. She didn't like loud noises like that, it would bring back memories she'd tried to forget for a long time.

"You alright?" Amy, whom was still holding the brunette's hand, had noticed her flinch when the light exploded.

"Yeah, just didn't expect it, that's all" she smiled at her, earning a smile back.

The Doctor, whom hadn't seen nor heard the two, continued speaking.

"They're taking out the lights. Look at them. Look at the Angels. In the ship, now. Quickly, all of you"

"How?" Amy asked him. The Doctor jumped through the circular hatch without hesitation. It looked as if he was standing on the side of a vertical tube, from the rest of the groups point of view.

"It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay, men. Go, go, go!" Octavian orders the soldiers, each of which salute him quickly, before entering the tube after River, Amy and Pip.

The Doctor was working on a control panel nearby.

"The Angels. Presumably they can jump up too?" Octavian questioned, following behind the soldiers.

At that very moment, the hatch closed. It was dark.

"They're here, now. In the dark, we're finished" the Doctor spoke quietly, a grave expression on his face.

A bulkhead further along the corridor suddenly began to close. The Doctor saw this as an opportunity to attempt an escape.

"Run!" He shouted. Everyone followed closely behind, near terrified.

"This whole place is a death trap" Octavian shouted.

Unfortunately, the bulkhead closed before they could make it. They had met a dead end.

"No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic. Oh, just me then. What's through here?"

"Secondary flight deck" River observed.

"Okay, so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity falls?" Amy asked, Pip snickering at Amy's interpretation of the events just passed.

"I've thought about that" the Doctor replied.

"And?"

"And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I've thought about it. The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them. It's impossible"

"How impossible?" River asked, working at the control panel.

"Two minutes" the Doctor responded, earning a nod from River in return.

The outer hatch opens shortly after.

"The hull is breached and the power's failing" Octavian told them all.

Just moments after he said this, the lights suddenly go out. The group were left in darkness. An arm was silhouetted against the open hatch.