Twenty Four

PIP FELT a pair of arms around her shaking form. She heard a low muttering coming from the person in question.

"You're okay, you're okay. You're safe. Dont open your eyes, but you're on the flight deck. We're here. Amy, Octavian, River and me"

She recognised the voice immediately, smiling ever so slightly.

"Clever boy" she acknowledged, the Doctor smiling in response.

After he'd finally let go of her, River and Amy were quick to embrace her, extremely relieved she was okay.

"Oi you two, I'm fine. I'm here" she protested against the embrace, but only received chuckles in response.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pip and Amy were now wrapped in a blanket, the two huddled together, Pippa's head on the ginger's shoulder.

"I can actually see. Oh I can see! You know what? I'll never take my eyes for granted again. Useful things, eyes, wouldn't be able to-"

"You sound just like him" Amy chuckled at the younger girl, whom looked at her, confused.

"Just like who?"

"The Doctor" she gestured toward the Doctor, whom was currently talking to River.

"Shut up" she slapped Amy gently, whom laughed.

A moment of silence passed, before the brunette spoke up.

"Is she leaving? River, is River leaving?"

"I don't know"

Pip stood up slowly, before making her way toward the two, who were still talking.

River noticed her coming towards them, and smiled at her.

"Hello you" she smiled, earing a smile back from the brunette.

"Are you leaving? You can stay with us, travel in the Tardis. You can't just leave, not after I find you're alive, have been all this time. I want to catch up, as best friends" Pip spoke, earning a quiet chuckle from River. She shook her head slowly.

"The prison ship's in orbit. It'll beam me up any second. I might have done enough to earn a pardon this time. We'll see"

"Octavian said you killed a man" The Doctor chimed in, rather interested in this woman now that he knew that Pip knew who she was.

"I did. A very good man. Oh, and a very bad man, although I'd do that ten times over if it meant my friends were safe"

Pip frowned at this. What was she talking about?

"Right. I'll be off any second now. This is goodbye, for now" she smirked.

Pip smiled, before hugging her, River hugging back. She missed this, so much.

"Goodbye, curly" River laughed, poking her nose.

"I'll see you soon, Pip"

And with that, River vanished.

Pip's smile faltered ever so slightly, before shaking her head, turning to the Doctor.

"What next, clever boy? Where we going next?"

The Doctor was about to respond, but noticed Amy running up to them.

"I know where. I want to show you something" her statement was directed more toward the Doctor than Pip, though the brunette chose to ignore that, temporarily.

"Off we go then..."

"Home" Amy confirmed, Pip's eyebrows raising slightly. What was she up to?

"I'll stay here, if that's alright, unless this does include me" Pip asked, now they were all in the Tardis.

"Yeah, sure" they both said.

As the Tardis landed, the red head was already at the door.

"Don't touch anything, you. And don't get into any sort of trouble" the Doctor pointed his finger at Pip, whom rolled her eyes in response.

"Wasn't planning to"

As the two exited the Tardis, Pip took the time to properly take in her surroundings. The fact that it was actually bigger on the inside was still quite a lot to take in.

She decided to have a wander down one of the many endless corridors, wondering just how big this box really was. As she walked, her hands lightly traced the wall.

She came to a stop when she saw a door  which appeared to look different than the rest. Her curiosity got the best of her, and walked toward it.

Her eyes widened at the name on the plaque on the door.

Her full name, "Pippa Danforth", was written on the plaque in cursive writing. There were small stars engraved into the metal, as well as a few attempts at comets too. The door itself was coloured a pastel green, with planets painted from top to bottom.

She must have stood there for a good five minutes, just taking it all in. Was this room really for her? Did she really have a place here?

She'd felt something she hadn't felt for a long time. A sense of belonging. That she was where she was supposed to be
That she was home.

She blinked away the tears threatening to escape, before gently opening the door.

Her room was really something else.

The walls were another pastel colour, only this time a pastel blue. On these walls however, there were an array of golden circles painted over them. They were beautiful, but what were they? Did they mean something?

Her bed, a high sleeper, was in the corner. The frame was painted white, and had been freshly made, the sheets still smelling of detergent.

There were multiple book shelves around the room, as well as a wardrobe.

The one thing that definitely caught her attention was the circles, however. They were fascinating to look at. Some overlapped, whilst some smaller circles were fitted comfortably inside larger ones.

Pip found all this a lot to take in. Had she already found a home here, in the Tardis?

As she made her way back to the control room, she saw that the two were back, and talking happily.

The two didn't seem to notice her come in, so she decided to sit in one of the jump seats, lost in thought.

"Ah! Where have you been, then?" She heard the Doctor's voice, jolting her back to reality.

"For a wander. Thank you"

"For what"

"For welcoming me. Making me feel at home, here"

With that, the brunette hugged him, fighting back tears. The Doctor smiled, hugging her back.

"You're absolutely welcome, Pippa Danforth"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello you lot! Just checking in to see how you're doing! I hope you're all well, and if not, get well soon.

I wanted to make it known that I will not be writing "Vampires of Venice", as whilst I know this is important for Rory's introduction to the Tardis and time travelling in general, I feel it doesn't add anything important to the plot of this story.

Instead, I will skipping this episode, and writing the next one.

Thank you for reading! Stay safe!

Nikki-Pip