Twenty

THE LIGHTS turn on again temporarily, revealing four Angels coming closer. Another few light flicks, and they're inside completely, the hatch now closed.

"Clerics, keep watching them" Octavian instructed his men.

"And don't look at their eyes. Anywhere else. Not the eyes" the Doctor finished for Octavian, his mind drifting back to when Pip thought her hand was stone, as she had looked into the Angel's eyes. What she said to him, his hearts fluttering at the memory.

"I've isolated the lighting grid. They can't drain the power now"

"Good work Doctor" Octavian praised the Doctor, to which he scoffed quietly.

"Yes. Good, good, good. Good in many ways. Good you like it so far" the Doctor rambled, earning an eye roll from Pip.

"Will you stop rambling, you clever boy, you're gonna give me a headache" she grumbled, the Doctor hearing her. He simply smiled at her.

"Wait, so far?" Amy asked him.

"Well, there's only one way to open this door. I guess I'll need to route all the power in this section through the door control"

"Good. Fine. Do it"

"Including the lights. All of them. I'll need to turn out the lights"

"Sorry, have you forgotten that there are four bloody Angels here with us? Four Angels which move when you're not looking or can't see them? Clever boy" Pip scowled. He doesn't even know what he's doing anymore, does he?

"Pip, calm down. The Doctor knows what he's doing, he's smart" Amy tried to reassure her, squeezing her hand.

"Could've fooled me" she glared at the ground.

"How long for?" Octavian asked the Doctor.

"Fraction of a second. Maybe longer. Maybe quite a bit longer" the Doctor replied, making Amy grow a little nervous.

"Maybe?"

"I'm guessing. We're being attacked by statues in a crashed ship. There isn't a manual for this"

"Doctor, we lost the torches. We'd be in total darkness" Amy spoke nervously. Whilst she fully trusted the Doctor, she couldn't help but feel slightly anxious for what was to come.

"There's no other way, Bishop" the Doctor told Octavian, who turned to River shortly afterwards.

"Doctor Song, I've lost good Clerics today. You trust this man?"

"I absolutely trust him" she replied, smiling.

"He's not some kind of a madman, is he?" He asked, to which Pip chuckled quietly after.

"Excuse me?" The Doctor looked offended.

"I'm taking your word, because you and Pip are the only ones who can manage this guy. From what you've told me about her, she's probably the best one here, so I probably should've asked Pip. Let it be known, Doctor Song, that if you cost me any more men, I'll tell her and the Doctor who you are. You understand?"

Pip frowned. What does he mean by that? The only ones who can manage the Doctor? What about Amy? Why was Amy excluded?

"Understood" River confirmed, still smiling.

"Okay, Doctor. We've got your back"

"Bless you, Bishop"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now in the secondary flight deck, the Doctor had already rushed off to the controls. The wheel on the door starts turning.