Glad You Came

Heeeeey! So yes this is based on the song "Glad You Came" by The Wanted - I wuv it and I neeeeeded to make it into a fanfic. So here you are =3= Oh, also:  profanity =!=

Osamu's POV:

Stars are glimmering on the horizon, just starting to peek out from the dark folds of the night sky. Pinks and oranges smear the sky surrounding the sun, bits of purple and midnight blue color the edges of sky. The sun hits my window just right, and the glare hits me square in the eyes, blinding me temporarily.

I blink away the bright spots now dancing in front of me and start. A mini Replica hovers directly in front of me - I was sure he hadn't been there two seconds ago. Adjusting myself a bit, I turn to face him. "Replica?" I tilt my head a bit in confusion, "What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

Mini-Replica is silent for a moment, long enough that I think he might not answer me. "Osamu," he begins, "I am here to speak to you about something very important."

Now worried, I shift again, this time leaning closer, as if that will get him to tell me faster. "It's about Yuma, I am concerned." Against my will, my stupid heart starts to beat faster, starts to ache at the thought of anything that might be ailing Yuma. I'd only known the sweet Neighbor for a few days, but I'm almost 100% sure I like him more than I should. "I thought I should tell you this. The reason why Yuma came to this world."

Ah, I'd been wondering about that. Yuma doesn't seem like the type of person who'd just come here all by himself, not without thinking about other things he can do here. My heart almost stops, because for a moment, I think that Replica is trying to warn me that Yuma isn't good. I quickly push the thought away, but I can feel the panic start to rise.

"About four years ago," Replica starts, and I can hear a trace of sadness in his voice. "Yuma and his father were helping a Neighbor Nation in their war. Yuma's father was friends with the leader of the Nation and was helping out as a favor. They enjoyed the thrill of winning, both of them, but the Nation we sided with didn't have very many trigger users, so both Yuma and Yugo were valuable assets in a losing battle." I nod, leaning back a bit to take in the story, releasing the tenseness in my muscles I hadn't noticed was there. Must of been from the thought of Yuma actually betraying us. It seems laughable now.

"The tide was finally beginning to turn, by a minuscule amount. But that night two of the Nation's best Trigger users were killed. Yugo warned Yuma not to go out into the fight for a while, to stay inside the fortress. 'Don't you dare go outside the gate. Stay put.' he said." Replica seemed to sigh sadly, I knew in my gut, that Yuma hadn't listened. I tensed up again, because I could feel the ominous approach of some terrible event.

"The absence of Yuma in the line of defense was more prominent than Yugo must have thought it would have been. At the rate they were going, they would have been overpowered soon enough. At least, that was Yuma's mindset." Nodding again, I put myself in Yuma's shoes, but I really can't think whether or not I would have done the same thing. Gone out and helped them or stayed like his father told him to. "Yuma decided to sneak around the back of the group, to launch a surprise attack. I, of course, went with him. But I was instructed not to stop Yuma when he did something against what his father said, only to do my best to discourage him. I could not have stopped him anyway, Yuma was determined he could make a difference, that he could turn the tide."

"I could have not predicted what happened next, I never thought it would attack Yuma." My stomach clenches, knowing that this is where it gets bad. "The assassin that had killed the two Trigger users guarding the South Gate was monstrous. A terrifying aura surrounded it, it didn't even look human. That thing took us both by surprise and I can't forgive myself for not stopping what happened next." No way. Yugo is going to knock Yuma out of the way or something, right? But Yugo's dead and something very bad happened. "It tore into Yuma, a large gaping hole cut through his left side, and his left leg was torn off at the knee." I can feel bile rising in my throat, and my heart is breaking at the thought of Yuma in so much pain. I thought it might stop there. No.