Salt and Sand

Heeey! So I must confess, I almost named this story, 'Some God-Damn Fluff for Once', but that's a long title, and I figured it'd just weird people out. But as you can see - SPOILER - this Oneshot is all fluff, no angst. Enjoy =3= ~<3

"Is everyone ready!" Shiori shouts down the hall, and Jin pokes his head out of his room.

He pops in a fried rice cracker and shakes his head, "Nah, we have to let Yotaro's swimsuit dry a bit more. I told him not to swim in the river... at least we won't be too late, after all I made sure the car was full of gas before we left."

Shiori suddenly looks bashful, "About that... I may or may not have made a quick stop at the store... and used up most of it."

Jin's eyes could not have been more dead, when Yuma's head pops out of his doorway. "That's a lie Shiori," and Jin almost breathes a sigh of relief until, "you went to multiple stores and none of them were quick stops." 

Flop. Shiori looks at Jin's unmoving form that's now face first on the floor. "You know what? He's fine... I-I'll go fill up the gas tank now." She runs off to the garage, keys in hand.

Yuma glances at Jin (still on the floor), and shrugs before poking his head into another room. "Hey Osamu, you almost done?"

Osamu starts, his towel flying out of his hands into a rumpled heap on the floor. "I almost was Yuma. You shouldn't scare people like that!"

Quirking his head and adopting his signature duck-face, "But your the only one who gets scared Osamu." Osamu blushes furiously and shakes his head.

"N-not the point Yuma!" Yuma giggles and hands Osamu back his towel. Their fingers touch a moment, and a small zing of electricity courses through Yuma's body at Osamu's touch. He drinks in the deep red of Osamu's cheeks, relishing how cute he looks when he's embarrassed.

"Y-Yuma, is something wrong? You're staring at me..." Osamu's voice cuts through Yuma's reverie and snaps him back into reality.

"Hmm, oh um everything's fine, just got lost in thought that's all!" Yuma smiles brightly and walks out of the room. He hopes Osamu didn't see Yuma's own blush.

~TiMeSkIp~

Yuma's POV:

Finally we arrive at the beach, after a half hour hold up due to the car having no gas, and a two hour drive to Shizuka City. I breathe deeply and the smell of the ocean fills my senses. I can't help but think that Replica would have liked to visit the beach with us, he could have played volleyball (whatever that is). But I push the sad memories away. Replica would also want me to enjoy the time with my friends, not being sad about his absence. [Also on a different note I had a dream where Haikyuu and World Trigger merged: Yuma took the place of Kageyama, and it was Hinata x Yuma - which was weirdly adorable]

Grabbing my bag I race towards the sand, not caring about the rough gravel of the parking lot digging into my toes. The wide expanse of ocean filling up the horizon takes my breath away. "YUMA!! Stop!" I skid to a halt and narrowly miss being run over by a minivan. Turning to see Osamu running towards me I smile sheepishly at the mix of worry and annoyance on his face. "How many times do I have to tell you to watch out for cars Yuma!"

He grabs my hand like I'm a little kid and starts leading me towards the beach, making sure to watch for cars backing out. I'd tear my hand away at being treated like I'm five, but Osamu's hand is warm in mine, and I'm a cup overflowing with pure happy. When we finally reach the beginning of the beach, Osamu seems to realize what he's doing and pulls away, face bright red with embarrassment. Smiling like it's no big deal, I survey the beach laid out before us.