Flip-Side (3)

Heeey! So this takes place BEFORE the B-Rank Wars, and I don't know if there actually was a pocket of time or not (after the invasion), but now there is! So yay. Enjoy! =3=

Osamu's POV:

The streets are mostly full again, though some people are still getting over the recent large-scale invasion. The usual bustle and friendly chatter of the people gathering outside of shops is now laced with fear. My brows draw together. Very few people got hurt, but their trust in Border has dropped drastically. It makes me wonder what their reaction must have been when the first invasion had occurred, one that caused so many deaths. "Osamu, quit making that face."

Starting, I glance over and see the mini-Yuma that Replica has created for me. The rest of Tamakoma has agreed that Yuma should stay in bed, so I gave him a mini Replica so we could talk. "What face? You can't even see my face."

"I know you, and I know that right about now you're making a face." Replica chuckles a bit, confirming Yuma's assumption. 

"Am I not allowed to be concerned with how people view Border?" He doesn't need to know that I couldn't care in the least about Border's image. Yuma's injuries have been mostly kept under wraps [yes that pun was 100% intended], but a nurse or something must have gossiped because now the media is all over how Border treat's their Agents.

Mini-Yuma flies in front of my face. I stop, turning to glare at Replica (He's the only one who can control the Mini's movements so he put Mini-Yuma there). "That's a funny lie Osamu, I told you to stop worrying about me."

Aaaaaaand he caught me. Of course, his Dad did teach him how to catch a lie (his dad's side-effect). "How am I not supposed to worry about you Yuma? Currently you are lying in a bed, unable to move."

"Nope."

The bell to the shop dings loudly, the woman behind the counter barely looks up from her magazine. "What do you mean no? You're bleeding in a dozen different places Yuma."

I can hear him laughing through the slight static, though it cuts off sharply as he begins to cough. Wincing, I wait for it to stop. "What I mean, is I am not currently lying in bed unable to move."

"What?!" The lady takes a long drag from her cigarette and gives me look. "Yuma you're supposed to be resting!" I whisper angrily at Mini-Yuma.

He's pouting now. "But that so boring Osamu. It's like you not being able to sleep at night!"

I want to face palm. Are all Medeen people this reckless and stupid? No, it's probably just Yuma. Well, him and half of Border. (I swear Konami would be doing the same thing.) "Yuma- just- where are you?"

He cackles, "You'll have to fiiiiind me!" Nope, Yuma is the only one who would do this.

"Yuma, I swear, you better tell me where you are or I am going to use my Black Trigger so help me."

"But that's cheating Osamu," I can practically hear Yuma sticking his tongue out at me.

Exasperation is creeping into my voice, "Just stay where you are ok? I'll bring you food if you tell me where you are."

The pause is long, and that's when I know I have him. I might be the one new to Japan, but Yuma acts like every time he eats something, it's the first - and best - time ever. "Fine, I'll give you a hint. But only after you buy the food!"

"Right. I'll have Replica tell you when I'm done." Mini-Yuma disappears and I walk to the back of the restaurant. The cloud of smoke surrounding the lady at the counter is everywhere. "Excuse me, Ma'am?"