Princess and The Farmer

[A/N] Before the story started, this book was written back in 2020 with oc for the female lead, its currently 2024 and I'm changing it to a female reader (Y/N). However the plot and all the grammatical errors are still as bad since I did not have the time to proofread them for now so it will still be a little cringey and bad, kinda.

That's all, anyways, enjoy 🙃

☆☆☆☆☆

"Is that the last of the cabbages?" asked a boy not much older than 20 years.

"I believe it is son. Now bring them to the Palace kitchen before it turns dark" answered his father before they loaded all the vegetables ordered by the Palace's Kitchen.

"Stay safe San" his father added. 'Choi' is their family's name and they are one of the farmers the Kingdom turns to when in needs of crops way back from their ancestors. Choi San is the boy's name and is very skinny because of working everyday in the land, but has a rather musculine body because of it. His works may seems difficult having to deal with the burning sun on the cultivated land everyday but he always smile the brightest.

Pushing his wooden trolley towards the Palace, San keep his pace while humming to some songs in his head "Good Morning Mrs Hye. How you doing Mr. Park" he'd greed the villagers on his way. They'd be lying if they say they are not fond of Choi San, the little farm boy.

☆☆☆

"Please stop running away Princess" shout one of the maid in the Palace. She has been chasing the Princess who has been running away from her since the morning.

"So that I'll let you put that dress on me? Hell no" the Princess yelled back and continue running away.

"Language Y/N" her brother scold her who seems to walk apposite from where she ran, not bothering to stop her.

"Prince Wooyoung please stop the Princess from running away" the maid plead in frustration.

"What did she do this time?" said the Prince and stood next to his sister while scolding her in his head. He'd never do it in front of the maid or anyone at all because he dont want people to disrespect his sister, although they'll never likely do it considering she is a Princess and offending the Royal Blood is a no go.

"She wants to put that ugly dress on me Wooyoung" says the Princess annoyingly.

"Its just pink" the maid pleaded.

"Exactly! Its pink" Y/N, the Princess rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Still picky with colors I see" said a voice from the corner who walks towards where the accomodation happens.

"I only dislike pink because they always says pink is for Princess and I dont want to be that Pink Princess, Cousin" she eyed who she called her cousin and he just sigh before holding her shoulder and looking at her in the eye.

"You are a Princess" he reminded as they hear the Prince left their side before he turns back and snicker at their cousin "Try convincing her that Yunho" he laugh and leave them.

"Y/N..." their cousin who is said to be Yunho gives her a demanding look. "...wear the clothes before I tell Uncle" he added.

Y/N smirk cheekily as Yunho gives her a warning looks before she tripped him and ran off yelling, "try catching me first then"

She keeps on running and running looking back and forth in caution of being getting caught. She keeps looking back until she heard "Watch out!!" and came in contact with something solid and she fell down.

Choi San skip to the kitchen with the crops still in the wooden trolley and when he almost reach the kitchen door, a figure stumble upon his trolley as he yell "Watch out!!" before the person fell. San quickly ran before she could reach the ground but too late, the girl is already there on the floor, legs and hands both spread. He doesn't know what to do at first so he starred for 10 seconds straight until he hear a voice.

"Arent you going to help me up?" utter the girl from the floor. San snapped back to reality and quickly kneeled before the girl, helping her up.

Its when San take a closer look at her that he gasped in recognition and bowed his head apologizing for his acts.

"I have sinned your Majesty" he tried bowing on the ground but the girl stopped him before he could do so "Its okay" she assure.

"Whats your name?" Y/N asked before smiling at him.

"C-Choi San" he replied still not believing he is talking to the Princess.

"Glad to meet you Choi San. And please dont call me Princess, my name is Jung Y/N and I have a job for you" Y/N gives him a demanding look.

"Your wish is my command Prin-Y/N" San beam in delight.

Y/N held her hands out for him to take in which he did.

"Hide me"