Reunion

Can she trust him? Is he really telling the truth or was it only a trap to lure Princess Y/N away from the Palace? But she knew she have no other choice. San was nowhere to be seen and she dont even know what will the King do to the villagers.

It was close to midnight and she paced in her room. Most people already slept unless they are the guards doing night shift but she knows someone who did not sleep at this time. The person she knew she can trust.

So instead of leaving without anyone knowing, she took the risk and walk towards the plan. She never knew what could happen the moment she was out of sight and she didnt want to vanish without anyone's knowing.

She knock on the door and soon she was greeted by the boy about her height but slightly taller who stood before her. He widened his eyes after seeing her with layers of clothes to disguise her but still recognisable for him.

"Princess Y/N, what brought you here?", he tried motioning her inside which she refused at first. But then the boy looks around and feel that it wasnt safe to talk outside after all the actions happening around in the Palace. It just wasnt safe for anyone as they never know who works for who. They headed inside cautiously afraid of waking the boy's Father.

"I need you to do something for me Hongjoong. I have to leave the palace to find some solutions which is too long to explain right now since I got a little time. But I want you to find the guard named Kang Yeosang and ask him to tell you everything. I will be leaving with Prince Seonghwa to see something but if I am not back by sunrise, tell my Brother about my dissapearance. But not everything".

Hongjoong was left confused but just like thr Princess said, he took his fur jacket and step outside his home leaving his Father snoring in the kitchen and went to look for the said guard.

Y/N met up with Prince Seonghwa near the woods and they both sprinted off like they would be caught doing an illegal thing.

"You better not trick me Park Seonghwa", it was the first time she call out his name without the Prince in his name and Prince Seonghwa feels happy by it. It feels like she was comfortable enough with him to call him that and being friends with the Princess was all he ever wanted at the moment.

"I wont dare Princess", he reassure her and they quietly walk again for the whole time. She then see a smoke in the distance and it looks like an army basecamp and her throat got caught for a while. Is she really facing what she feared? Is Prince Seonghwa really going to sold her off to the soldiers there?

"Relax! they're under me", Prince Seonghwa's word calmed Y/N abit but she was still cautious and acted suspicionly.

They came closer and the soldiers stood up before bowing at Prince Seonghwa and he greeted them like it was a normal thing and walk towards the biggest tent. She quietly followed behind while getting glances from all the soldiers who didnt know about her identity.

Prince Seonghwa gestures her to enter the tent and she did after a huge sigh. Here goes my last hope, she assure herself and went inside.

She then gasp and sped towards what she saw and pulled a boy on her, embracing him. She sobbed lightly and caress his head.

"I thought I'd never see you again Jongho!". She was tearing up again the more she talks. Jongho also hold her tightly. He also thought that he will never see her again when he had the sword swung at him. They both cried audibly, like they've found their long lost family. But to Jongho, it was true that the Princess was the only one he considered his family now, the only person he lived to protect and will serve.

Jongho was precious to her too. He was like the little Brother she never had and they've been through so many hardships on sneaking out.

"I'm sorry! It was all my fault! I'm so sorry!". She kept on chanting but Jongho glare her to stop apologizing. But Y/N was confuse again, what and why was he in Prince Seonghwa's army basecamp?

"Never apologize to me again for what you did not do!". Jongho says firmly and she nodded. They have both calmed down and she took the moment.

"What are you doing here?"

"Didnt you know about this?". Seonghwa answered for him but Jongho stop him. From following Y/N in many of her secret tasks, he had learn all kinds of things which no one else knew and he was sure of this one thing as well.

"After me and my family were outcasted from the Kingdom, we were leaving for a new home. And then after reaching Magna's land border, we were attacked...

...and they killed all of my family"

"We were there by chance and we saved him in time but we couldnt save his family".

Prince Seonghwa finished his sentence for him. The Princess' heart dropped. She was yet disgusted by his Father's cruelty again, she instantly knew it was his doing and the other two inside the tent knew it as well.

If there was one thing common between the three of them, it was the hatred in their heart, ready to pounce at the person behind it which causes them.