We Make Our Own Destiny

"I swear Yeosang, she is the most beautiful person I've ever met! Inside and out, she is so perfect!" exclaimed the boy to his friend named Yeosang who is one of the guards in the Palace. He lives in the same neighbourhood as the farmers and frequently visit them now and then.

"Tell me more San" encourage the boy while listening to his friend ranting the whole morning. He was surprisingly extra excited today and it was all because of how he spent yesterday with the Princess.

"When she smiles, I feel like I have succeeded in my life goals and she's just so amazing, the way she doesn't look down on the lower class people, instead viewing everyone as the same" continue the boy in excitement.

"Who is this girl you're talking about again?" Yeosang asked the boy.

"Y/N! her name is Jung Y/N, I mean thats what she told me to call her. She is actually the Pri..."

"The Princess?! as in Princess Y/N?!" exclaimed Yeosang as he stood up in alarm.

"Shhh dont shout too loudly, she is not supposed to be caught that she sneaked out" San pull the shocked boy down to sit with him again.

"But that is dangerous! Without any guards on her side, anything could happened to her why didnt you stop her?" Yeosang gets angry at this point.

San bit his lips in guilt, Yeosang is right but the pleading looks he got from the Princess was undeniable.

"And most of all San, with all due respect please dont fall in love with the Princess, she is way out of your league"

"I know" San answered quietly. Thats what everyone told him, to not even talk to the Royal Bloods, that they are completely from a different world. But are they really? And is his feelings to be controlled however he wants to?

San sigh heavily before looking at the sky.

"But I cant help falling in love with her"

☆☆☆

Y/N pace around her room taking a glance at her flower on a vase she got from San's garden yesterday. She let it bloom in her room and cant help but gets happy over it again and again.

She then heard footstep stopping right infront of her room. She turns her head to her door as it is open by a male outside with intense eyes. He storms inside not before closing the door carefully again, afraid some people might eavesdrop on them.

"Where did you go yesterday?" He whisper shouted at her.

"I was in the garden" She replies trying to come up with the best lies she can.

"I went there to look for you and you were clearly not there, now come on dont try to fool me I'm literally your twin I can tell when your lying. I even had to tell Father a lie about where you were" the Prince begged to hear the truth.

"Uhhh actually...first tell me you wont be mad"

"I cant promise you anything sister"

"Then I'm not telling you..."

"Fine! I wont get mad. Now tell me!"

"Sooo...umm I kind of sneaked out and met a farmboy that shows me around the Kingdom, places where Father and Mother never brought us to. I swear Wooyoung they're the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life" Woori's eyes sparkles in excitement when she talks about the farms she visited.

"Wait you sneaked out?! Without any guards? Y/N that is dangerous why did you..."

"You said you wont be mad" Y/N pout at her brother.

"I'm not mad in that way..." Wooyoung softened as he lunged forwards to his sister and hug her "...I'm just afraid something will happen to you. I wont be able to live without you if anything happens to you" he kiss her on top of her head.

"Thank you Brother, for your concern. But I forgot to mention that I was disguised and nobody recognised me! It was an excellent way to roam around the Kingdom without the people having to look at us like some deity...I dont want to be treated like that. I want to be just a normal person Wooyoung"

"I know Y/N. But what can we do? We cannot choose our parents nor our destiny"

"Thats when you're wrong Wooyoung" Y/N break free from her Brother's hug as she took his hands in hers before looking at him in the eyes.

"We make our own destiny"

Y/N visited the kitchen that evening as she was hungry. The maids greet her as they offers her food.

"What? He didnt take the rewards?"
"Yes! He left in a hurry so I thought something happened and decided that I'll give it to him when he came again"

Y/N heard some cooks talking and she cant help but gets curious. She tiptoed as she tap on the head cook's shoulder.

"Who is that for?" she asked as she points to the coins on the cook's hand curiously.

"Uhh you're Majesty, its just a tip a farmboy that supply the kitchen with his crops forgot to take yesterday" the head cook answered in all politeness.

"May I know his name?" She cant help but let her mind do the talking.

"Uhhh I'm not sure if you'll recognized them. They are the Choi and their son's name is San who was the one who forgot to take the money"

"Can you give them to me?" the head cook cant help but stare at the Princess in pure confusion. She smiled cutely at him trying to win him over.

"B-But what will you do about it Princess?"

"I'll simply pass it to him" says the Princess in between her smile before she turns suddenly cold and glare the head cook as a warning.

"But dont tell anyone"