[fourteen - vicissitude]

❛𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃, 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐎𝐓

❛𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀
𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃, 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐆𝐎𝐓. 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆. 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎-𝐎-𝐎,
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄. ❜

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

y/n couldn't stop thinking about an odd feeling beginning to flow through her body. lately, it's been happening every time she got assigned a mission and dazai would tag along. she brushed it off, convincing herself that she had to deal with another day of making sure nobody messed up her day. but there would still be disastrous moments even between her and dazai.

all those times where dazai would launch himself towards y/n for a hug and flirt with her, it would only be a waste of time. that's what y/n would always tell herself. and speaking of dazai. "where's l/n? she can come with us if she wants." he told kunikida, hands on his cheeks. he did a great job at hiding his excitement at the thought of hearing y/n sing.

kunikida glanced at y/n's desk, empty and the flower pot kenji gave her one time was the only thing seen on it. "she's on a mission with atsushi at the moment. i don't think they'll be back in less than a hour. besides, she said she needed to go home right after work." he clarified, going back to finishing his report. dazai blew out a puff of air. "okayy..."

y/n stopped using clairvoyance and sighed in relief knowing dazai wasn't planning on looking for her and force her to going to karaoke with the agency. atsushi looked at her from the corner of his eyes as she drove. a kid sleeping in the back seat. a kidnapped seven year old girl tortured for her ability. minutes of silence came by.

"uhm...l/n nee-san, why do you always have a stoic face all the time?" atsushi finally spoke up, drumming his fingers on the small surface of the front window and leaning back on the seat next to the driver seat. y/n didn't flinch or make any type of noise as she stopped at a red light. for some reason, there was less than half of her that wanted to tell atsushi. after all, she had been keeping in her feelings for three years.

'there's no reason to smile'

atsushi frowned. he was just curious to find out what happened to y/n. he wanted to say that she was hiding something from her friends. "rest asure, when i save people and fight crime, i don't feel empty. i feel comforted. because a life was not wasted and another evil spirit wouldn't hurt anyone else. you know what i mean, right?" y/n spoke up, almost catching atsushi off guard.

"yes, i understand that." he smiled and looked out the window. having these types of conversations were extremely rare but atsushi cherished them nonetheless. taking the advantage of learning more from y/n and observing the way she fights.