CHAPTER FIVE: TRUE LOVE

KAI POV
"Mph." I woke up from a nap.. I think. I looked around at my surroundings. "Am I in a hospital?" My hand was warm. I looked down. Hiro was sleeping and holding my hand. His eyes had black underneath them and tears were stained on his cheeks. My arm was all wrapped up and IVs my arm pumping fluid into me. My other arm was casted, a blue cast. Everyone already signed it. My legs were bandaged. I was barefoot. And I was wearing a hospital gown with my hair down, still the same old curls in it. But why am I here? What happened? I looked at my cast, where's Tadashi's signature? I went to brush the hair off my face when I touched one of those things that go in your nose to help you breathe. Weird. I don't think I have asthma or lung cancer. Why do I have this? I looked at the night stand with a note on it. "Dear Kai, I bet you are wondering why your here and what happened. Well.. There was a fire at SFIT. You went in to save Tadashi who went in to save Professor Callighan. Neither of them came out alive." What??? Tadashi is... Dead?!? Oh my gosh. I put my shaking free hand over my mouth. "Luckily you did." I suddenly had a flash back. Me and Hiro kissed. I told him I love him forever and always and until infinity runs out. He said he loved me too. I also remember a blur of Hiro telling me all these nice things about me, and to not close my eyes. And I can't see him anymore but I heard him screaming. And then the flashback ended. "Hiro..." I started crying. He is so sweet. I can't believe he did that. I went back to the letter. "Hiro has been with you ever since you got out of surgery. He bought you over 100 things with all the money he earned not fighting. There already in your room and studio. We all got you one present. Honey Lemon: Cute Pajamas. Gogo: Key lime gum." They know me so well! "Fred: A Bennie. Wasabi: A gift card to the Cheesecake Factory. Aunt Cass: One million key lime tarts. Hiro: A performance at the CMAs." "C-c-CMAs?!? I'm performing there?!? Oh my gosh!" I cried. I need to go brush my hair I thought. I have no idea why I thought that but i did. I stood up still holding Hiro's hand. I dragged the IV machine and the oxygen tank thingy over to me. I placed Hiro's hand on the bed and started walk-limping to the bathroom. I felt tight arms around me, Hiro Hamada.
HIRO POV
I saw Kai limping to the bathroom. She's alive. Oh my gosh I can't believe it! It's been 2 weeks since opening night and since I last saw her up and moving. I couldn't help myself I ran up to her and hugged her from behind. Burying my face into the crook or her neck. She turned around so she faced me, "Hiro!" She jumped onto me. I caught her. We sat there like that for a really long time. We cried together. She looked different. Instead of her bangs brushed back, they were draped down in her face covering one eye. Her hair was messy too. But she still looked beautiful, really beautiful. My legs were getting tiered so I sat down on the bed with her still in my arms. "I've missed you Kai." "I've missed you too potato." She smiled, that smile made me smile too. "Kai?" "Yas?" "Can I ask you a question?" "Anything, sure!" "Everything you said and did before.... You came here. Was it true?" She blushed. "Every bit of it." She replied. "And I have a question for you!" She poked my nose. "Was everything YOU said before right before I came here, did you mean it?" "Certainly." I inched to her face, "c-can I ask you something?" "Fire away." "W-wi-wha-wou-c-" I didn't know how to say it but she seemed to get the message. She rolled her green and blue eyes. And kissed me. Not just like a "yes I kissed you because I like you." But it was more like a "I'm kissing you right now because I love you for infinity" kind of kiss. After a few seconds like that she pulled away, but our foreheads still touching. I looked at her cheeks, they are pink, I'm pretty sure mine are too. "Does that answer your question?" She teased. "Hmmm maybe." I joked. "Oh really?" "Really." "Well then how about a date Friday night?" She asked. "Depends... Where?" She knows I'm joking around because I would say yes in a heartbeat. "I don't know... A surprise date?" "Sounds amazing." "Do you wanna do something...fun?" I asked.
KAI POV
"Do you wanna do something...fun?" He smirked devilishly. "Yes!" I grabbed his shoulders. *TIME SKIP* "Are you ready?!?" Hiro asked. "Ready." He opened up our door and got on the IV machine. I started running down the hallways. A nurse looked at us and smiled sweetly. Strange... And then the worst happened. We ran into the manager. A cranky middle aged man who's hated me since the day I was born. "Go the other way!!!" I screamed and ran back to our room as fast as I could. "Hurry Kai he's right behind us!!!" Hiro screamed. The assistant manager came from a hallway next to us. Oh and not to mention he hates me too. "Other way!" I turned around there was the manager. "Hiro!" "Go in that room!" He pointed. We ran in and somebody was giving birth. "Go go go go!!!" I ran out and they were both right there. "Hey, haha what's up? How's life? OH LOOK BANANAS" They looked behind us. I shouted and ran. I ran as fast as I could. We reached our room. I slammed the door behind us. "Wohoo!!!" "Yeah!" I pumped my fist in the air. "That was the most fun I've ever had!" "There'll be plenty more fun times to come Kai." Hiro said. I giggled. The nurse came in, she de attached everything but the breathing thingy. "Aren't you going to take that off?" "No, sweetie you need to keep it on until your breathing regulates back to normal, okay?" "Alright.." I went and changed into skinny jeans, a New York sweat shirt, clogs, and my hair in a pony tail. I came out. "You look hot." "As always!" We giggled. I dragged the tank to outside of our room. We walked out of the room and the manager and assistant manager and Aunt Cass were there. Me and Hiro smiled weakly. I started to wave but Hiro put my hand down. "H-hey Aunt Cass!" We greeted. "I'm so glad your okay Kai!.... But what were you two knuckle heads thinking?!?" She grabbed our ears and dragged to the car. She went on and on about how she's tried to raise us the best she could and so on and so forth. We finally went into the cafe. She started eating a doughnut. And we went down to my art studio. When we went down there everybody was there and my room was redone. It was now my room mixed with my art room. It was amazing! Everybody engulfed me in a huge hug. It feels nice to be home.