Merlin's in Love S1 E3

💚 Edited-14.6.20 💚

Back in my room, I sat silently on my bed trying to come up with a way to save Gwen.

Nothing.

I couldn't think and it was really starting to bug me. I was pulled back into the present when someone knocked on my door.

"Enter," I said quietly, not bothering to raise my voice so they could hear me.

"Merlin?" I asked quietly when I saw him poke his head round the door.

"Please can I come in?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure," I said, getting up and heading over to the two seats in my room. "Please, take a seat."

"Thanks."

We sat in silence for a few moments before he began.

"I thought I was doing good," he muttered sadly. "And that curing Gwen's father would help her. I thought I was saving a life." He began shaking his head frustrated. "It seemed so simple."

"An easy solution is like a light in a storm, Merlin," I told him gently. "Rush for it at your peril, for it may not always lead you to a safe harbour."

"I can see that now."

"How many times have Gaius and I told you about the responsibilities of being such a powerful warlock?"

Merlin then looked up determined.

"We must see her. Please, Chelsea. Can you help me?" Merlins asked.

"Yes, of course," I said, although it hurt knowing he was in love with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As we got down to the dungeons, Morgana ran passed crying.

"Bless her," I muttered, sadly shaking my head. Merlin grabbed my hand and pulled me along to Gwen's cell.

I know this wasn't the time or place to have any thoughts about a certain someone, but when he grabbed my hand, I could have sworn that I felt a spark. Not physically, but emotionally; I wonder if he felt it too.

"Gwen," Merlin said relieved as he saw her.

"Merlin? Chelsea?" Gwen asked excitedly, getting up from where she was sitting but was soon constricted as her hands where chained up.

"You'd think they'd be smart enough to realise that if you were a sorcerer, you'd be able to break out of those chains," I said, shaking my head in confusion.

"Thank you," Gwen said.

"What for?" Merlin asked.

"For coming to see me," she said it as though it were the most obvious answer in the world.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered looking down.

"It's not your fault. Neither is it yours Merlin so don't even try to apologise," Gwen said sadly.

"Well..." Merlin began.

"It's alright. Don't worry about me. There's no point crying about it," Gwen said, yet there were tears falling down mine and her face. "I mean- I mean, I'm not saying that you were going to cry about me. Obviously, I don't think that," Gwen rambled looking at Merlin.

"Oh, Gwen. Look at Chelsea, she's a mess," Merlin said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Cheers, Merlin," I said, wiping down my face with my sleeve.

"Sorry. I can't let this happen," Merlin said, standing up straight.

"Please... one thing," Gwen began. "You don't have to, but..."