Hunith's Audience S1 E10 *

💚 Edited - 22/01/2021 💚

After the whole wraith situation the other day, everything had mostly gone back to normal. By mostly, I mean my Father had become even more paranoid about this whole sorcery and magic business. If that's even possible.

I have no idea what it is, but I do know that he is hiding something from Arthur and me. The only person that I can think of that he would be this paranoid about would be Nimueh.

But then she left with the poisoned goblet, didn't she?

Anyway, I was currently walking through the lower part of the town with Merlin and collecting some water for Gaius.

"You'd better not trip me otherwise you might just find that this bucket of water ends up on your head," I warned Merlin, as he kept on pretending to trip me up.

"Yeah, but the joke would be on you when I use my secret weapon to reverse the water," Merlin countered.

Merlin was about to add something when I saw him pause what he was doing and look over at another woman. I would have said something but a couple of things stopped me.

Firstly, she looked a fair bit older than us and secondly, what Merlin said to her next.

"Mother?" Merlin said, looking over at her. Good job I didn't say anything, that could have been awkward.

Merlin was standing there shocked so I put down my bucket and took Merlin's from him so he could go and hug his mother.

When his mother heard him, she quickly ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Merlin," She said relieved.

While they were hugging, I noticed patches of blue and purple on his Mother's face as though she'd been beaten. Clearly Merlin had noticed too because when he finally pulled away, he placed a hand on her cheek.

"What happened?" Merlin asked. When she didn't reply, he asked again, "Who did this to you?"

"Kanen," She replied simply.

Kanen. I knew that name. I had often heard my Father talk about him. Let's just say we weren't his biggest fans.

Merlin turned to me as if asking if I knew who he was and I nodded in response.

"Oh, Mum. This is Princess Chelsea," Merlin said, putting his hand on my lower back subconsciously. "Chelsea, this is my Mother, Hunith."

"You're the Princess?" Hunith asked.

"I am," I smiled.

"It's an honour to meet you, your highness," Hunith said, lowering into a curtsy.

"Hunith, you don't have to curtsy and please, just call me Chelsea," I said smiling at her.

"Of course, Chelsea. Can I be so bold to ask if you can get me an audience with the King?" Hunith asked.

"I will go and sort that out now," I told them. "Let me just take this bucket to Gaius and then—" I went to say but was interrupted by Merlin.

"I can do that," Merlin assured me.

"Of course you can," I laughed. "I'll go right away then," I said before turning and quickly heading up to the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found my Father walking through one of the corridors so went up to him.

"Chelsea, what can I do for you?" He asked.

"I'd like to request an audience," I said bluntly.

"Why would you possibly need an audience? You're not getting married, are you?" He asked, quickly turning to me.