This is Your Fault S1 E13

After finding out that Merlin had left, I went over to Arthur's room to sit by him. When I walked in, my Father was still sitting there.

"You go and get some sleep, I'll look after Arthur," I told my Father.

"I can't leave him," Father muttered.

"I'll be with him. If anything changes I'll send word immediately," I assured him.

"Straight away," he ordered, before leaving.

I sat beside Arthur and took his hand in mine.

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I don't know how we got where we are. You are unconscious and losing life by the minute. Merlin is going to try and save you but will likely die in the process. And what am I doing? Sitting here and talking to someone who is unconscious and probably can't even hear what I'm saying. But I don't care. Arthur, Camelot needs you. I need you. So please wake up. I am begging you. I cannot lead Camelot yet, that is your destiny and I need you to get your act together, wake up and help me," I said to him, choking back the tears.

I just sat with him all day until Gwen came later that night.

"Chelsea...you should get some rest," Gwen said, walking over to me.

"He can't be left alone," I told her.

"I will nurse him," Gwen suggested.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course," she assured me.

I got up and left Arthur with Gwen. I'm sure that he is in good hands.

As I was walking through the dark corridors, a sea of lights caught my eyes. I went over to the window and saw the people of Camelot standing in the courtyard holding a lit candle.

This was tradition for the passing of a monarch. But Arthur wasn't dead.

"They've started saying their goodbyes," a voice came from behind.

"He isn't dead," I said to Morgana, who was approaching me.

"I know," Morgana replied, standing beside me. "But we have to prepare ourselves for the worst outcome."

"I can't see how things can get any worse," I muttered.

"Chelsea, look I know this is hard on you-" Morgana started, but I didn't want her sympathy.

"No you don't, not properly. This is my brother we are talking about. How am I supposed to accept the fact that my twin brother is on his death bed? And now my boyfriend is gone. What the hell do you know? You have no idea how I feel so don't even try and pretend you do," I snapped.

Morgana didn't say anything. She looked at my intensely before leaving.

Was I harsh? Probably.

Did I care? Nope.

Who cares if I lost Morgana as a friend? Not me. My life was falling to pieces anyway. Might as well give it a helping hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merlins POV

I had just got off the boat that had led me to the island of the blessed. One thing was certain, I was definitely not feeling blessed to be here.

The journey here wasn't exactly pleasant either. I just kept seeing her face when I told her I was leaving. The guilt was eating me alive. I know that Chelsea understands why I'm doing this. She doesn't need to accept it, she just needs to understand it. And she does.

I couldn't get her out of my head. I have to before I change my mind. This is something that I must do to protect Chelsea, Arthur and Camelot. This was my destiny.