Heating Things Up S1 E8 *

💚 Edited--02.07.2020 💚

Later that day, I was walking through the village and trying to find some flowers to give to Morgana to say thank you for looking after the boy.

Actually, come to think of it, we don't even know his name. He hadn't said a word at all before I'd left. If he doesn't tell us his name, I might have to give him a name so I don't just call him boy.

Luckily, I found some pretty flowers for Morgana so I brought them. Of course being the Princess has some advantages of getting things for free, but I don't want to do that so I insisted on paying. It's not like we've not got money to spare.

When I got up to the room, everyone was still  there

"Morgana, I got you these just to say thanks for all of this," I replied, handing her the flowers.

"Thank you," Morgana said, pulling me into a hug.

"No problem. How is he?" I asked.

"He's sleeping. Merlin's already here," Morgana told me. "He's very pale. I worry he may have lost a lot of blood," she told me, leading me to the back of her room.

Morgana pulled back the curtain to reveal the boy and Merlin, who had his back to me. She then left us to go and put the flowers in some water. Morgana was right, he did look extremely pale. I rested a hand on Merlin's shoulder to let him know that I was there.

He turned and smiled up at me, grabbing hold of my hand and stroking it.

"Good afternoon, Princess," Merlin smirked.

"Good afternoon, warlock," I remarked, kissing his forehead. "Has he said anything at all?" I asked.

"Nothing," Merlin sighed.

"He won't even tell me his name," Morgana said, joining us.

"You know, for a moment there, earlier, I thought you were going to hand us over to the guards," Merlin said to Morgana, chuckling nervously, which I though was pretty cute.

"I'm glad you have so much faith in me, Merlin," Morgana said sarcastically.

"No no, sorry. I meant your the Kings ward. You're taking a huge risk helping the boy," Merlin recovered himself.

"I couldn't stand to see an innocent child executed," Morgana admitted, causing us to all look down at the boy, who was sleeping peacefully. "What harm has he ever done anyone?"

"Well, my Father believes he has magic and that itself makes him guilty," I told her sadly. I knew the boy had magic if he was a druid, but Morgana was right, he hadn't harmed a single soul since being here. He was after all just a small child.

"Uther's wrong," Morgana said defiantly.

"You believe that?" Merlin asked surprised.

"What if magic isn't something you choose? What if it chooses you?" Morgana asked. I noticed Merlin looked taken back by Morgana's theory and well, he wasn't very good at hiding his shock. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Morgana asked.