Edwin Muirden S1 E6

💚 Edited--21.6.20 💚

The cool evening breeze rippled through my dress as I made my way back to my room. I had just been down to the lower town to give a few families a small supply of food as they were struggling. 

It was dark outside now so I had to find a flame that I could use to navigate myself back up to the castle. I was just crossing over the courtyard, carrying a flame I had found, when I saw a man staring up at Morgana's bedroom window.

What a creep!

"Excuse me!" I called out, getting his attention. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know what you mean," he replied, looking genuinely confused.

"You're looking into my friends window. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that does look a bit suspicious, doesn't it?" I said, walking up to him.

"I did not mean to intrude, my dear. I was simply passing through and I noticed how her light was the only one still on. Curiosity got the better of me I'm afraid," he answered. He the turned to my flame. "Miss, would you mind not putting that flame too close to my face."

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry," I apologised, pulling the flame back closer to me. "Wait, why?" I asked.

"Because if this," he said, pulling down his hood to reveal half of his face was scarred. I could see from his eyes that he wanted me to fear the scars and to react, but I wouldn't.

"I don't know what happened but I'm sorry," I said sympathetically. "And also, scars shouldn't be something that you are ashamed of. They show a journey, make your life unique. There's no need to be ashamed of them."

"They always said you were kind and modest," the man said.

"You know who I am?" I asked.

"Of course, Princess. You see we are alike in one way," he said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"Once people see our faces once, they are hard to forget. Your beauty is known across all of Camelot and may I say that you didn't disappoint," he said. This made me extremely uncomfortable that people only knew me because of my beauty.

"Well... it was nice meeting you. But if we ever meet again, please don't let it be because you're looking through my friends window," I told him.

"Of course, my Lady," he said, bowing to me.

"Enjoy your stay at Camelot," I said, walking away.

"Oh, I will," I heard him mutter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two days had passed since my meeting with the strange man and things had not been going well, for Morgana at least.

She had been in a coma like state and was critically ill. So far, nothing Gaius did had cured her which did cause a lot of us to worry.

Although not all was bad, Merlin had been teaching me how to use the little bit of magic I had probably.

Flashback
"So, you just need to concentrate and say the incantation," Merlin said.

"It's kinda hard to concentrate when you're standing right in front of me holding my hand," I commented, smirking at him. He let go of my hand and began walking around me.

"Does this make it harder to concentrate?" He asked, running a hand lightly up my arm from behind me.

My breath got caught in my throat as I felt his breath against my neck.

"You know if someone walks in now, you're dead," I whispered to him.

"Yeah... but you're worth the risk," he whispered into my ear. I leant back against him and smiled.