Playing the Waiting Game S1 E4

💚 Edited--17.6.20 💚

Later on, I had to endure the angry wrath which just so happened to be my father.

"I specifically ordered him not to go!" He yelled at me.

"I'd say it worked a charm," I smirked.

"Not another word," he ordered, pointing at me.

"My lips are sealed," I said.

"I should've put him under lock and key," Father muttered.

"If you did that, it would have only encouraged him to rebel. You need to understand that we aren't children anymore. Yes, we are young but not that young. Arthur and myself can make our own decisions and mistakes. Arthur has made his decision and I've made mine. We are going to help Merlin in any way we possibly can; nothing you can say or do will stop us. So you might as well accept that fact now," I told him firmly. "You can't chain him up every time he disagrees with you."

"Just you watch me! I will not be disobeyed by my own son!" He yelled at me.

"No, of course you won't," I muttered, heading towards the door.

"You knew about this, didn't you?" He asked me as I reached the door.

"He's my brother, of course I knew," I answered back.

"Where's he going?" He asked.

I turned to face my Father. "I don't know," I lied, before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I returned to Gaius' and Gwen still wasn't there. I sat opposite Gaius who was observing Merlin's rash.

"Was he mad?" He asked without looking up.

"Mad is an understatement," I muttered, running a hand through my hair. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday but I had washed off my makeup and taken my hair down, which right now was a mess.

Gwen then arrived looking tired.

"Let me guess, she wasn't there," Gaius said, standing up.

She shook her head. "No one has seen her since the banquet. Who is she?"

Gaius looked at me before answering, "not who she claims to be."

"But you know, don't you? You both do," Gwen said.

"Kara, though that's not her name—not her real one anyway," I spoke, still looking at Merlin.

"Then who is she?" Gwen asked, sitting beside me.

"A powerful sorceress," I answered simply.

"Then we should tell Uther, he would send loads of guards out after her," Gwen said.

"No, she'll be long gone," Gaius answered. "It's impossible to know where sure is though. Oh, no"

"What?" Gwen asked.

"She knows the only place the antidote can be found is the forest of Baloch," Gaius explained. I then realised what the problem was.

"Arthur," I whispered, but they both heard me. "He could be walking into a trap."

Merlin then caught all of our attentions when he started to whisper something.

"What's he saying?" Gwen asked.

I leaned in and strained my ears. "It sounds like he's saying Arthur."

Merlin kept on saying Arthur's name. Gwen and Gaius turned back to talk but I kept my attention on Merlin. I held his hand and stroked the back of it, just like Arthur used to do with me when I was ill. He then began to say another incantation.