I'm Sorry to Disappoint S1 E6

💚 Edited--21.6.20 💚

After dropping Edwin off to the great hall, I made my way back to my room. I collapsed onto my bed and just stared up at the ceiling.

How the hell did he get those scars? Must have been some accident. I got up and headed over to my bookshelf and pushed one of the books.

In my secret room, I had recently redecorated it so I could use it for my research. Gaius had been kind enough to give me a few supplies to help with my research.

 Gaius had been kind enough to give me a few supplies to help with my research

A side of magic and sorcery. For health and safety reasons, my Father could never know about this room; otherwise I'm dead.

"Chelsea!" I heard Merlin call from outside my room.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I snuck out of the secret room and locked it up. "What's up?" I asked.

"So... Edwin has just taken a look at Morgana," Merlin began.

"And?" I asked.

"It's weird. Edwin thinks that she has a cerebral haemorrhage but Gaius is convinced that it is an inflammation of the brain," Merlin told me.

"Surely they can't both be right," I pointed out.

"My point exactly," Merlin agreed.

"Clearly Gaius is right. I mean, for one he is older and therefore wiser than this Edwin. He's had more experience so he must be right," I told him.

"Yeah, I guess," Merlin muttered.

"You disagree?" I asked.

"It's just, Edwin found proof of the haemorrhage. He had a bloody tissue but Gaius doesn't have any proof of the inflammation," Merlin stated.

"Merlin, don't you think it's just a little bit suspicious that he just so happens to arrive when Morgana needs help most?" I asked.

"Well, yeah a bit but..." he trailed off.

"But what Merlin? I'm actually a bit shocked that you'd trust someone who you've just met compared to the person who has been standing by your side ever since you arrived at Camelot," I told him.

"No, not at all but Chelsea, we have to look at the evidence of it all and well, Edwin just has more," he defended.

"Since when have you cared about evidence?" I asked.

"Look, I thought I should just tell you the outcome. I don't want to fight," Merlin said, holding my hands in his. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, it's just... Gaius has always been there ever since I was born and I feel it only right to believe his methods are the best as they have saved me more than I care to admit," I whispered.

"That's just because you're a little bit, what's the word?" He asked, tapping his chin mockingly. "Oh yeah, stubborn."

I laughed and shoved his chest playfully. "And proud of it," I told him.