We Have No Choice S1 E8

💚18.07.2020 💚

It hadn't been enough.

Sure I had delayed their capture, but not long enough for them to get out of Camelot. Morgana was now fighting with my Father while the boy was locked up in the dungeons, awaiting his execution.

It made me sick to my stomach how someone could kill a child as cruelly as my Father was. I thought many times of going down and freeing the child myself, but the security on his cell was too great for me to get passed. Father knew that I would try and save him so the guards were forbidden to give me entry.

I was now stuck in the fight between Morgana and my Father as Arthur and I stood to the side and had to watch them argue.

"All this time you've been hiding the boy in my own palace. How could you betray me like this?" Father asked.

"I would not see him executed," Morgana said simply.

"I've treated you like a daughter. Chelsea has treated you like a sister," My Father began, but I interrupted.

"Excuse me, but don't bring my name into this. However, seeing as you have, I feel the need to express that I think what Morgana did was ri--" I went to say right, but my Father could see where I was going with this.

"Silence yourself or I will have you restrained as well," He ordered at me. He turned back to Morgana, fury in his eyes. "Is this how you repay me?" He asked.

"I did what I thought was right," Morgana argued back.

"You think it is right to conspire with my enemies against me?" Father said. God, he was so dramatic.

"How can this child be your enemy? He's just a boy," Morgana said.

"He is a druid," Father countered.

"Is that such a crime?" Morgana asked.

"His kind would see me dead and this Kingdom returned to Anarchy," Father defended.

"Just because they have magic does not mean they are plotting against you. I'm sure that there are more non-magic rulers who are plotting against you than there are magic rulers," I spoke up.

"Arthur, silence her," Father ordered.

Arthur went to 'silence' me but I glared at him like I never had before.

"Don't even think about it," I warned him, dangerously.

He slowly retracted his arm, that was going to cover my mouth, and moved back to his spot.

Luckily for Arthur, Father was yet to notice that I hadn't been 'silenced' as he was too busy still going at Morgana.

"Then punish me," Morgana told him. "But spare the boy. I beg you."

"Make arrangements for the boy to be executed tomorrow morning," Father said, looking over at Arthur. When he saw that Arthur hadn't tried to shut me up, he rolled his eyes.

I went to try and knock some sense into Uther but sensing my train of thought, Arthur pulled me back.

"No, please. He's done nothing," Morgana exclaimed, going after Father.

"Let this be a lesson to you," He said dangerously.

"You don't have to do this," Morgana whispered.

"You hear me? I want him executed tomorrow morning!" Father ordered at Arthur.

"Yes, Father," Arthur said, bowing his head.

I turned and glared at Arthur to which he just shrugged his shoulder.

"What do you expect me to do?" Arthur whispered to me.