Goodbye, Gaius S1 E6

💚 Edited--21.6.20 💚

That night I lay awake for hours thinking through what Gaius had said.

How was it that he survived the fire, yet his parents were left to perish? Had he used magic? But surely that would mean that his parents had some kind of magical abilities. If that was the case and his parents did have magic, is it possible that my Father found out and had them executed?

These very thoughts haunted my dreams that night as they were filled with fire, blood and anguish.

The next morning, I plucked up the courage to go and ask Edwin about his past. I know it's something that I needn't know and that I was probably be nosey but I wanted to know.

Stopping outside of Edwins door, I listened in when I heard voices. One belonged to Edwin himself and the other to the man I had spoken to yesterday evening; Gaius.

I pressed my ear up against the door and listened in.

"You would betray another sorcerer?" Gaius asked.

"You did when you turned a blind eye and let my parents die at the hands of Uther!" Edwin yelled. 

Oh my God! I was right, his parents were sorcerers and were caught by my Father and burned at the stake. If that's the case how did Edwin get those scars?

"At least Merlin doesn't have a son who will try to rescue him from the flames! Although, I'm sure if you asked the Princess that could be arranged," Edwin mocked.

Oh no. He knows about us! How does he know about us? Did Merlin tell him? No, he wouldn't. He knows what would happen to both of us if my Father found out.

"You're here for revenge?" Gaius asked.

"And I have waited a long time. This will be even better than I planned. Ohh, the kings daughter, the sorcerer and the warlock. Who saw that coming? Maybe I could expose her as well, they could be burned together just like my parents!" Edwin yelled the last bit.

"You think I would sacrifice the king and Princess to save Merlin?" Gaius asked.

"Think about it, Gaius. But if I find out you have told one other person, including the boy, I will go straight to Uther," Edwin threatened.

"Hey, Chelsea," a voice said behind me. "What are you doing?"

"Merlin! Erm, nothing... absolutely nothing," I said smiling.

"Ok...you wanna come and see Edwin with me?" He asked.

"I'm really sorry but I'm busy, I have something to do," I lied.

"You do? What?" Merlin asked.

"I have to help Arthur... ask out Morgana," I made up quickly.

"Oh, erm...ok," Merlin said unsure.

"I'll see you later," I said, kissing his cheek. I walked away as quick as I could before the guilt of lying to Merlin could completely destroy me.

"Chelsea! Wait!" I heard Arthur calling behind me.

"You alright, brother?" I smirked.

"Father wishes that you attend a meeting with us," Arthur told me.

"A meeting? About what?" I asked.

"Edwin," Arthur said simply.

"Do I have to go?" I moaned.

"Yes," Arthur groaned mimicking me, and pulling me along.

Reluctantly, I dragged my feet down to the great hall where Morgana and Father were already sitting in their thrones.