The Sacrifice S1 E7

💚 Edited--02.07.2020 💚

Later on, I was walking through the castle trying to clear my head and get rid of all of the anger I had bottled up and let go at Sophia and Arthur. I decided I had better go and see Arthur and not apologise but try and get him to see things from my point of view.

However, as I reached his door, I heard that he wasn't alone. Several voices were coming from the room; one belonging to Arthur himself and the others to Merlin, Sophia and Aulfric.

"Let's go. Let's leave tonight," I heard Sophia say.

"She's going to kill you. She's going to sacrifice you to buy a life of immortality," Merlin said. "If you go with her, you'll die!"

"It doesn't make sense. We're in love," Arthur said, which made me decide to join this joyful discussion.

"They're magical beings, Arthur. She doesn't love you. She doesn't care for you. You are being controlled right now; you are doing whatever she tells you to, can't you see that?" I asked, leaning up against the door frame, making Aulfric and Sophia jump.

"Arthur, love, we must get out of here soon or she'll have me killed," Sophia said, faking fear.

"Yes, it's taking all my will power to not kill you right here," I sighed.

"Chelsea's right. Look at the writing on the staff," Merlin said, reaching for Aulfric's staff only for it to be pulled away. "Look at his eyes. Look at him. Do you believe me now? Arthur, do you see?" Merlin called to Arthur. I looked at Aulfric closely and saw that his eyes were glowing a bright red.

"I see everything," Arthur replied, finally turning round. Immediately, I noticed his eyes were the same colour as Aulfrics. "I see everything including the relationship between my sister and yourself."

Merlin looked over at me wide eyed before leaping for Aulfric's staff. However, Aulfric was quicker, he pointed his staff at Merlin and a giant bolt of electricity came out of it, knocking Merlin against the wall and leaving him unconscious.

Anger rushed through my veins as I felt my body start to tremble with rage.

"That was unnecessary," I said, causing all three of them to turn to me and gasp.

"You... no... it can't be," Aulfric gasped.

"Oh, but it can," I said dangerously. Clearly my eyes were now an amber colour, which was something neither of them were expecting. Despite my sort of advantage, I was no match for the pair of them. I needed Merlin, now more than ever.

Suddenly, I felt immense pain enter my head and was swallowed into a pit of darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merlin's POV

I was woken by the calling of Gaius.

"Merlin, what happened?" He asked.

"Aulfric," I managed to say, despite the buzzing noise in my head. I then realised that Arthur was missing. "Where's Arthur? I have to go after him. What's that buzzing noise?" I asked, as Gaius helped me off the ground.

"Careful, Merlin. You can barely stand up," Gaius said, trying to steady me.

"I have to go," I persisted.

"You can't, not in this state. You owe it to your powers that you survived at all," Gaius countered.

"I'll be fine. He needs me," I added.

"Has that buzzing stopped?" Gaius asked.

"Yes," I lied quickly.

"Liar," Gaius accused.