Chapter 3: Danger

It's not always that a smile is given to show someone's happiness, it is sometimes used to hide the sadness behind it.

Your jaw dropped on the ground and with a terrified expression, you looked back at him to see him smirking.

His expression showed how satisfied he was with your reaction and you hated that.  You quickly changed your shocked and panicked expression into a stern and serious one. You shall not let him know your weakness or else he will blackmail you with it, "Well I guess that's my business and I don't know you enough, Mr.Byun. And I don't think I should answer your question. I would appreciate it if you stay out of my business."

You completely knew that you were being rude. Your tone was stern and your look was harsher than usual. He was bringing out a sensitive topic for you and you didn't want to look weak in front of him.

You were about to turn around, not wanting to listen to anything more but he stopped you by saying, "You didn't let me finish, Yeonhwa-sshi." He emphasized your name and said this in a mocking way.

You turned around to see him walking towards you, even though it was hard for him to. He stood about 4 steps away from him and his signature smirk didn't leave his face.

"How about a deal?"

Your forehead creased in confusion, "What deal? I am not interested."

"But listen first or else you'll regret," You looked at him with an irritated expression and crossed your arms, keeping them on your chest, "If you come to my gang and help me, in return I will keep your family safe."

You let out a sarcastic laugh, "There is no way I am getting into that mess again, I've already had enough. And I am there for my family, I don't need you to save them. It's not like they are in danger or anything, they don't need your protection."

"You are still a stupid."

You were taken aback by his harsh comment, "What do you mean?"

"Do you think you are safe after what you did a few hours ago? I am sure that those men mistook you as one of my members and will obviously try to harm your family, as everyone's weakeness is their family. That's why, I will give your family protection for 24/7, but all you have to do is come with me." He explained and you were in complete shock. Yes, he was right. Your family is in danger for what you did but that in no way means that you shall go back into the mess you were in years ago.

"As I already said, I am there for my family. I don't see a reason for which I should help you, I don't to be someone I hate." You turned around, "And remember that I don't want to see any of you after today."

You exited his room and closed the room before sighing. You can't get into this, not again. You don't want to turn into a monster again. All you need to do now is to be double careful of all the things and keep your family safe.

After three days......

As expected, you never met them again but you still didn't let your guard down. You told Haru to be extra careful and keep an eye on your house from time to time, in case if anything goes wrong.

All this time, you felt someone following you and watching your each action, that's why you were that careful. You also walked around with a revolver  in your pocket, just for self-protection.

"Annyeong, Doctor Kim. Hope you have a nice time with your daughter!" Said a nurse while bowing and you smiled sweetly, showing your dimples. You took your sling bag and left the hospital. You took early leave today as it's Hye Yoon's birthday. You are going to do the party in Haru's house. Only the three of you.