Chapter 33: The Hidden Truth

Dead people receive more flowers than those who are alive because regret is greater than gratitude.

The egg yolk Sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into your eyes. Sight still clutching to the night's glue, you hesitantly fluttered your eyes open due to the burning sensation. You awoke to the soft sheets and the warm duvet embracing your tiny figure except your face.

You lazily sat up on the bed and rubbed the remainders of sleep from your eyes away. You brought your arms above your head and stretched, yawning a little afterwards.

You gazed out of the window; the vivid sunlight spread across the blue sky and birds chirping happily on the branches of the neighbouring tree. You smiled weakly knowing that this was gonna be yet another amazing morning.

Bringing your feet to the polyester carpet you had placed in front of your bed, you got up from the fluffy bed and left to the washroom.

In half an hour, you were done with your daily routine. You took a shower, changed into a pair of black palazzo pants and a burgundy turtleneck sweater on top, and you cleaned your room.

You didn't bother to dry your hair properly, you just left it half wet as you didn't have the energy to do so. You had to wake up early today because it's your turn to cook breakfast for them.

You climbed down the stairs, being welcomed by a serene living room. Maybe the boys are still sleeping. You sauntered into the kitchen and the first thing you did was open the door to the refrigerator.

Scanning through the ingredients for about a minute, you finally came to a decision that you'll make the classic breakfast. Pancakes and hot chocolate.

As you were busy whisking the batter, you felt someone snake his arms around your waist. Your whole body stiffened but you let out a breath when the "someone" asked, "What're you doing?"

His voice was husky and he had his chin placed on your right shoulder. His breath was tickling your neck but you didn't mind as you were to his sudden gestures.

"Making breakfast," You casually replied, getting back to your work.

"Do you want me cook instead?"

You let out a chuckle, answering in a teasing tone, "Not unless you want us to end up in the hospital."

His arms around you loosened and he took a step back. You peeked over your shoulders and saw him standing there with a pout. The elder's hair was messier than usual which indicated that he hadn't fixed his bed hair. It increased your heart rate because you've always loved his bed hair, he looked undeniably cute and hot in it.

"I messed up the last time! But I am a good cook, really!" His answer only made you laugh harder.

"Oh Mister, don't think I don't know that you broke the toaster machine the first time you tried to make breakfast. You should be thankful Kyungsoo wasn't home that day." You teasingly poked his forehead and walked past him to get the frying pan.

"Who told yo-" He stopped before he realised, "Jongdae, that bastard!"

He clenched his fists and closed his eyes in annoyance. The first time you came to the mansion, Jongdae was the only one who sticked to your side because he didn't want you to feel like a loner. He told you about the members - the things they are good and bad at - so that you can get along with the others well.

It's not a doubt that it was that whiny bastard (that's what Baekhyun described Jongdae as) who told you about that embarrassing moment. He mentally took a note to teach him a lesson when he gets the chance.