Chapter 28: Little Star

And do you know what death is? Being forgotten by the ones you love.

"Yah Sehun! Go and call Chanyeol for breakfast. I don't think he will come down on his own." Commanded Minseok but he just shook his head.

"Not me! Tell Kai!" He pointed at Kai which made the latter wave his hands at Minseok continuously. "I am definitely not going there."

"Guys, someone has to go to him, I don't think he will come to have breakfast after what happened." Said Junmyeon, placing the Yukgaejang - which he ordered from a restaurant nearby - on the kitchen counter. He looked around and saw that Kyungsoo still wasn't there, "Where is Kyungsoo?"

Before anyone could answer, Kyungsoo entered the scene, making everyone zip their mouths and lower their gazes. None of the guys had the gut to talk to Kyungsoo or Chanyeol after yesterday's incident. They were a little too guilty for breaking the promise they made to Kyungsoo and bombarding Chanyeol with questions even when they understood he was having a hard time.

Kyungsoo noticed their unusual behaviour but ignored. He could hear whispers like "You go call Chanyeol" "No, you go". He sighed and sat in between Kai and Sehun. He could tell what was going on but he kept mum. They were sorry towards Kyungsoo too and he didn't even understand why because it should be only Chanyeol who deserves all their apologies, not him.

"H-Hyung...." Kyungsoo heard Sehun whisper while gaping at something with wide eyes behind him and soon saw all of their bored faces change with surprise. Kyungsoo turned his body 90 degrees, curious to know what was behind him. He expected to see a wild bear, judging by his members' reaction but it was something even more shocking.

A giant was standing there with his usual messy hair but unusual gloomy face. None of them expected him to come down from his room because they know how Chanyeol is when he is super upset with something, he doesn't leave his room until someone forces him to join the others and share his problems. After yesterday's storm, they didn't even expect him to want to see them but there he was, taking a seat beside his tiny friend who was staring at him with wide eyes.

He felt everyone burning holes in his body and he didn't even dare to look up, he just stared down at his empty plate which was asking to be filled with food, just like his stomach.

After another minute of complete silence, everyone now realised what had just happened. They couldn't help but be overwhelmed with happiness. Junmyeon walked to him and served him the steamy Yukgaejang, "Here, I cooked your favourite. Have some and tell me how it is."

His plain lie made the others scoff and Chanyeol slowly nodded. He took a spoonful of the soup and everyone saw his eyes widen a little. He gulped down the liquid, the hot and spicy soup burned his throat a big but he liked the savourful flavour which made him doubt that it was actually cooked by Junmyeon since he knows how many uncountable times his hyung failed to cook a dish without burning it.

"It's good."

That one simple sentence made Junmyeon smile the widest. "Thank you! I tried to cook it just the way you like it. Here, take some more and est it with the beef." He gave him some more pieces of beef and soup.

Kyungsoo sighed, "Hyung, stop lying. I saw you collecting the food from the delivery man. He would be in the hospital by now if you cooked it for real."

That made the maknaes snicker and Junmyeon gasped, "Just because you cook well doesn't mean you can say that to me. I will show you how good of a cook I am!"

"First try learning how to fry an egg without putting the kitchen on fire and only then you can enter my kitchen." Said Kyungsoo with a cocky expression.