Chapter 14: Ji Yejin

And if I ask you about all the things that destroyed you slowly,

Wouldn't you start with the ones you love the most?

Running your fingers through your hair in frustration, you arose to your feet. You couldn't sleep well last night because of all those unknown feelings. Talking about Frustration, the oh-so-perfect Ji Yejin decided to stay here last night, ruining your mood even more. You don't know why you get so mad whenever anyone talks about her, it's not like she did anything to you.

Shrugging all the thoughts off, you looked at clock which said 7:00 A.M. Of course no one would be awake by now.

You quietly exited your room and made your way downstairs. You saw no one and entered the kitchen. You decided to make yourself coffee.

You prepared your mug and looked for the coffee. You saw it but you couldn't reach the pot as it was too high for you. You tried jumping but it still didn't work.

Suddenly, you heard someone chuckling behind you. You looked back to see Chanyeol. His hair was messy but he had a smug expression on his face. You frowned as you know what's coming.

He walked towards you and said, "Move, dwarfie."

You shot him a glare, "For the 100th time, I am not a dwarf, you bamboo."

He easily reached the coffee and handed it to you. He bent down a little to match your height, "And you are jealous of my height."

He flicked your forehead and walked away, chuckling a bit. You rubbed your forehead and walked towards the counter. You said, "Pffft, jealous, my ass."

He sat on the chair which was placed in front of the counter. You took out another mug for him. He said, "So, you didn't sleep last night?"

You looked at him, "How did you know?" He smiled before pointing at your heavy eyebags, which formed perfectly under your eyes, making you look like a panda.

You sighed, pouring the hot water in each of the cups. You slightly nodded. He asked, "Is anything bothering you?"

You handed him one cup and took your seat on the chair beside you. You shook your head, "Ani, nothing is. I just couldn't sleep because of the sudden change of place."

He sipped his perfectly made coffee, and said, "Oh, is that so? But don't hesitate to tell me if anything is wrong, okay?"

You smiled and nodded. See? That's how drastically he changed since that night. He cares for you and smiles often too. But you aren't complaining. You like this Chanyeol more than the grumpy one.

Your smile faded when your mind diverted to Yejin. You kept the mug down, tapping your finger on the mug in a nervous way. You asked, "Uhm..... did you guys have fun... with her?"

He smiled, nodding his head, "Yes, we had a lot of fun. She is really fun to hang out with. And her likes and dislikes matches with ours too, that's why we became so close already."

You felt slightly insecure with what he said. Your likes and dislikes didn't match with theirs, that's why it took you so long to be close to them. You forced a smile, "Oh, is that so? It must've been nice then."

"You should've joined us yesterday. We all love her already. She is caring, she is pretty, she is sweet, she is thoughtful too. When she heard that you didn't feel well, she felt concerned for you that's why we hurried our ways back. In total, she is just perfect for hyung. No wonder he kept on loving her for these years."

With each of his sentences, it felt like someone was dragging you down. You have realised a lot of things in just 2 minutes. She is everything you are not.