Chapter 31: Meant To Be

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.

"Noona, noona! I discovered something really cool," Sehun called you once you walked into the living room.

"There he goes," Kai rolled his eyes.

You smiled at him and he started speaking, "Look at this, when you say 'hoo', cold air comes out of your mouth but when you say 'haa', hot air comes out of your mouth."

You just lightly chuckled at his cuteness. "You find it that interesting?" You asked, taking a seat on the couch next to Kyungsoo, who was too busy watching TV.

"You know nothing, he told everyone about this." Kai replied with obvious irritation.

"You are just jealous I discovered it first." Sehun said with his usual poker face before slumping himself onto the couch.

Kai shook his head in disbelief, letting out a sigh at the end. You smiled a little before asking Jongdae, "Where are the others, by the way?"

"Baekhyun hyung, you mean?" He asked while wiggling his eyebrows at you in a teasing manner which made you dart him a glare.

"Minseok, Junmyeon and Baekhyun, I mean." You replied, gritting your teeth and with a menacing smile which made him laugh.

"They went to the hideout as Yoo Chul informed hyung about his arrival. They will be returning him the USB. Hyung wanted to ask you if you'd like to go but as you were sleeping, he decided not to disturb you." You smiled a little when you heard that.

"Are you sick? You slept a lot today, you even skipped breakfast." You were taken aback by Chanyeol's sudden question.

All the blood in your body crept up to your face and you shook your head, "N-No, actually I was a bit tired so I overslept." You ended with a nervous laugh at the end.

"Do you feel better now?"

You responded with one nod and an assuring smile. He returned the favour and averted his gaze back to the comic book he was reading.

While everyone was busy lazing around, you fished your phone out of your pocket to see a text from Baekhyun which was sent about an hour ago.

Baek💕:
I am going to the hideout with the others. I will be back in a few hours so don't miss me too much 😉

Reading the last sentence, you couldn't help but let out a chuckle. This guy is so full of himself.

You:
Don't worry, I didn't even notice your absence. Take your time.

You laughed evilishly after sending the text, visualizing his reaction after reading your text.

Much to your delight, Baekhyun texted you right back.

Baek💕:
Oh really? Then why did you ask them where I was the moment you came down?

You gasped, texting back.

You:
Do you have this house bugged?

Baek💕:
Gotcha'! Your boyfriend is so smart!

You huffed loudly and shook your head. He tricked you into telling him the truth and you fell for it.

You:
Pfft, you and your overconfident self.

After you sent him the text, you felt 6 pairs of eyes on you and you brought up your head to see the others staring at you as if you have two heads. Your constant giggles and smiles seemed to attract their attention. You immediately cleared your throat and put on a straight face.