Chapter 21: Disappointment

Some people can't break the promise they make. And some people don't know how to make promises.

The last one week went terrible for you. You couldn't concentrate on anything and most importantly, you couldn't even sleep properly. Why? Because of that one guy named Byun Baekhyun.

He is not coming to school, nor is he picking up your calls. That's not the only problem, Jae Wook and his friends are also missing. You are worried as you know how dangerous Jae Wook is. Maybe they did something to Baekh-

You mentally slapped yourself for thinking so negative. Maybe, he broke his phone and maybe he is on a vacation with his family. Yes, it can be possible! 'Just stay positive Yeonhwa! You don't possibly need to be negative about everything! He is fine.' You scolded yourself.

Exactly at 7:30 A.M. you got in the building. As you weren't interested to go to your class, you stopped by at Baekhyun's one. You tip toed and tried to peek in their class through the window.

"He didn't come today as well," Someone said from your back. You quickly stood properly and turned back to see a fairy-looking guy standing in front of you. You weren't joking, this guy really looks like an angel.

"Who are you?"

He flashed you a sweet smile and you could feel butterflies roaming around in your stomach, "I am Cha Eun Woo, Byun Baekhyun's classmate."

He continued, "I noticed that you come here everyday just to check if Baekhyun's here or not, so I suppose you are here for him today too."

You looked down in embarrassment, "Uh... yes."

"Don't worry, he will be back soon." He gave you a small sad smile and tapped your shoulder before entering his classroom.

You looked back and sighed.

'Soon...'

-

Three Days Later....

You leaned against the tree in the garden and heaved out a long sigh.

Ever since Baekhyun left, it's the only place you come to in your free time. You and Baekhyun used to hang out in this garden most of the time. Since the other students are busy and they spend most of their time in the rooftop or the Cafeteria, they don't come to the gazebo often so it's mostly empty.

The chilly breeze was brushing against your face and some of the leaves from the tree fell on the ground. You looked down at your hand as all your hopes started fading away.

"When will you come back, Baekhyun? I am tired already."

You heard some footsteps approaching you but you just ignored. It's obviously not Baekhyun so why should you care?

"Yeonhwa."

Your ears perked up at the voice and your eyes lit up. You turned around and saw the person you were longing for, Byun Baekhyun.

"Baek-Baekhyun?" You didn't waste a second and wrapped your arms around him. Finally. Your heart was finally at ease. The tears in your eyes blurred your vision as Baekhyun slowly hugged you back.

'I missed you.' You wanted to blurt out those words but you just couldn't. You pulled back and you quickly changed your happy expression to an angry one.

You turned your hand into fists and continuously punched him on his arm as you yelled, "You fucking bastard! Do you even know how worried I was?!"

He groaned in pain and held his arm, "Ahh! It hurts and I am not even joking!"