Chapter 29: Back Home

Love can't exist without fear. If the thought of losing someone doesn't scare the crap out of you, then it's not love.

The burning light fell on Baekhyun's face, making him frown. He tried to ignore it and go back to sleep again but he felt someone snuggle close to him. That made him immediately open his eyes.

Who is beside me?

He was ready to throw whoever was hugging him off him but when he looked down, the very expression he was wearing changed into a soft one. He found his arms around your waist, making a smile tug at the corners of his lips.

He wanted to close his eyes and sleep more but when his eyes fell on his alarm clock, he knew it was time to get up. Though it only said 9:00 a.m. and he usually wakes up at 10, today was gonna be an exception. He wanted to try something new for the first time and you guys will have to leave for Seoul at 2:00 p.m.

He tucked a few strands of your hair behind your ear since they were covering your face and couldn't help but admire your sleeping face. You looked just as innocent as a newborn child which made him want to protect you even more.

He kissed the top of your head before slowly removing his hands from you, making sure not to disturb your sleep in any way. He, as quietly as possible, got up from the bed and covered your upper body with the blanket so that you are not cold. He walked to the window and pulled the two curtains closer to each other, blocking the Sun from peeking at you, who was sleeping peacefully.

After glancing at one last time to assure that you are asleep, he went to the washroom and did his regular routine.

When he was done with his business, he stepped out of the room and made his way down the stairs to the kitchen. Yes, kitchen. He has decided to cook for you and this is the first ever time he was gonna cook.

He opened the refrigerator and stared at the items in front of him, wondering what he is going to need and what he should cook. He scratched his head closed the door of the fridge, walking back to the kitchen counter.

He was still confused, what should he actually cook? What is it that you'll like? Then he suddenly remembered how you complimented Kyungsoo's doenjang jjigae (Soybean paste soup)

He searched the recipes on the internet and watched a few videos, which made him even more confused because all the recipes in the internet were different (because every district eats soybean paste stew in different ways) so he just decided to make up his own recipe.

Time skip~

You were slowly ascending down the stairs when your eyes fell on Baekhyun, who was stirring something in the kitchen. You walked up behind him and tried to peek over his shoulders to see what he was doing. He turned around to walk over to the sink but shrieked when he saw you standing just a few inches away from him.

"Yah! You should at least say something to let me know that you're here!"

You slightly pouted, "Sorry, I just wanted to see what you were doing." He sighed and walked towards the sink to wash his hands. You took the chance to see what he was doing and it made you gasp, "Baekhyun, you made this?!"

"Of course, darling." He had a victorious smile plastered on his face as he was satisfied with your reaction. You remember the boys telling you that he has never ever cooked for them, or even for himself. Now that you think of it, it's not like Baekhyun didn't want to cook, Kyungsoo just didn't trust any of the boys with his kitchen.

"Wow, this looks good! I can't wait to try it!"

He chuckled a little, "It's done now, I guess. 10 minutes is already over." He turned off the stove and served the dish in a bowl. You sat down on the chair as you waited for him to finish it.