018

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

Armani jolted up in her bed at 3 A.M from yet another nightmare from the day with the police. She had left her grandmother's place 2 days after the incident after she convinced her grandma she was fine— her grandma didn't really believe her but she let her go do her own thing and hopefully feel better soon enough.

Armani sat up on the bed breathing hard thinking about who to call— Monty wasn't an option with his hoe ass, Akeem was probably with Azari, and Azari was probably getting her back blowned by Akeem— running out of options, she sighs and clicks on Nasir.

The phone rang and the more it did the more nervous she had gotten. He finally answers on the 5th ring which shocked Armani.

"Hey...sorry for waking you, I just ain had nobody to talk to, or at least anybody that'd understand." Armani spoke softly.

"Nah you good, wassup? What happened?" Asked Nasir in his sleep filled voice.

"Its gonna sound dumb now if I say it out loud." She mumbled.

"Huh? Speak up ma." He said.

"Its gon sound dumb."

"You ain' neva gotta worry bout me callin you dumb unless you actually is dumb." He said. "Tell me what happened tho, you straight? Hadda bad dream? Can't sleep?"

Armani sighed as she told him everything that was on her mind from her mothers death to the police brutality that went down days ago to how she felt she didn't do enough. He listened, he never interrupted, he just let her get all her emotion out which is all she needed.

"Ma I can relate, in all honesty when I say I can relate I mean it. I lost my brother when I was 13 to police brutality, folks wouldn't leave him alone talm bout he stole from the sto', my bruva ain't neva had to steal shit so that was mad wild. I rememba' it was a white lady that did the shit too, she the one that called the cops and gave a description that sounded like him. The cops came to tha house after finding him claiming that he "matched the description"and dragged him out beating him on the streets. They shot my dad fa tryna defend him but my pops survived and come to find out, they sent my bruva to Rikers— the police aint never find shit on him and the judge knew that but his white ass sentenced him anyways. They kept him in solitary fo no reason, gave him little to nun to eat, and when they let him outta solitary... he ended up dying from getting beat to death for refusing to join a gang.Errytime we wanted to come see him they gave us some bullshit ass excuse and come to find out he was dead for months and ain't nobody tell us—that shit was probably the most foul, hurtful, and eye opening thing I ever went through and that fucked my head up but that really showed me, the police is not here to protect and serve. If you not white, it ain't right and if you not white then you not free. Ma the system isn't built to protect us, its just there for us to fight and somehow survive."