twenty-three

Jungkook ran through the schools halls as fast as he could. his breath was ragged but he was determined.

As he rounded the corner to the hallway that Taehyung's locker was, he speed increased. He needed to see Taehyung.

But when the locker came into view, he skidded to a stop.

All of his friends were huddled in a group infront of Taehyung's locker.

Taehyung wasn't there.

Jungkook immediately started to tear up and walked towards to his friends. He wanted to know what was going on.

"Guys?" Jungkook said wearily. "Where's Taehyung?"

His friends all had a sad look on their face.

Jin was the first to speak. "Jungkook. He isn't coming back. He isn't coming back to the school."

Jungkook broke down. He started crying uncontrollably.

Jimin want to give the boy a tight hug. "It's okay Jungkook. Its not your fault."

This only caused Jungkook to cry more. "But it is my fault! He was at my house! And now I'll never be able to see him again."

"Kook, Taehyung told us what happened and it definitely wasn't your fault." Jihyo said trying to cheer him up just a bit.

Jungkook perked up. "You've talk to him? Is he ok?"

Jihyo smiled at the concerned boy. "Yes he's fine. He's able to do everything like normal in the Den but he just isn't allowed to leave anymore. Hence not being able to come to school."

"So I was right." Jungkook sighed while detacting himself from Jimin. "I won't ever see him again."

Jin looked at the boy sadly. He didn't know what he would do if he couldn't see Namjoon anymore so he could understand how Jungkook felt. "We'll think of something Jungkook. Right guys?" He asked their friends.

They all replied with nods.

The bell rang signally the start of classes.

Jihyo put her arm around Jungkook's shoulder. "Come on, let's get to class."

Jungkook defeatedly started to walk with her. All he wanted was to have Taehyung to walk him to class and now that can't happen.

He was going to have to get used to that.

***

At lunch the group of friends were throwing out ideas of how they could get Jungkook and Taehyung back together but nothing seemed like it would work.

"What about your mom Jin? She's pretty high up. Can't she do something?" Jimin asked.

Jin just sighed. "She can't really do anything when the government is involved. They are strict on her too."

"Ugh! None of these ideas are good." Hoseok complied. "I feel like we're hitting a dead end."

Jihyo rubbed her boyfriend's back to try and calm him down.

Throughout this whole conversation Jungkook had been zoned out. He couldn't focus on what his friends were saying.

Why did this have to happen? If we wouldn't have fallen asleep, Taehyung would've been able to sneak out like the way he came in.

Wait...

Jungkook's eyes went wide. "Guys! Taehyung came to my house!"

His friends looked confused.

"Yes Jungkook we know that. That's how the whole situation started." Jimin said matter-of- factly.

"But how did he get there?" Jungkook questioned, trying to make his friends understand.

Namjoon gasped. "Kook, you're right! He had to get out of the complex somehow."

"Yes. Thank you Joon." Jungkook said somewhat happily. "And I asked Tae that too. He said there was somewhere in the fence that had bad security."

Yoongi now perked up. "Wait I know what he was talking about. Tae and I had found that place together." He paused.

"Well! Where was it?" Jimin said slightly annoyed at his boyfriend for not fully explaining.

Yoongi just rolled his eyes. "Babe, calm down I was getting there." He said while moving his hand to hold his boyfriends.
"It was near that old gas station. The one that was abandoned when the Den was built. There's a part of the fence that was broke behind the dumpsters and we didn't see any camera near by."

Jungkook was listening carefully to Yoongi.

I need to get inside that fence.

***

That night Jungkook had told his parents he was going to sleep early. But he didn't go to sleep.

He stayed up until he heard no sounds coming from downstairs.

Jungkook sprung up from his bed and changed into dark jeans with a big black hoodie.

Jungkook quietly made his way down the stairs not wanting to wake up his parents.

When he made it to the door he slowly opened it not making a sound and snuck out.

He needed to do this.

He needed to see Taehyung.

________________________________

Thanks for reading :)))

It's amazing how many reads this book has. It didn't expect it at all. <3 <3

 <3 <3