twenty-nine

It was a few hours later that Jungkook heard a knock on his door. He was hesitant to say anything.

"Jungkook?" He heard his mom ask in a sweet voice. "Can I come in?"

Jungkook walked to his door and opened it slowly.

His mom walked in while motioning to his bed so both of them could sit down.

"Look, I know how mad you must be with your dad right now. But please give him time." She sighed. "I've never agreed with his views about what he calls 'aliens' and I understand how frustrating it can be."

Jungkook looked towards her with a confused look on his face. "If you disagreed with him then why didn't you say something before."

His mom smiled sadly. "I have. I've tried to change his mind about it before but he always changed the subject to avoid any fighting and honestly I didn't want to fight either."

Jungkook nodded slowly still tense. He still didn't fully understand but he knew that he should at least try.

When his mom saw this she tried to reassure him. "Your dad knows what he said about you was wrong. He should have never called you a slut." She patted him on the back. "I also talked to him about how you said you loved that boy. We both could see the love you have for him. I think he's starting to understand but it will take a lot of time and communication for the both of you."

Jungkook smiled at her, relieved that at least one of his parents accepted his relationship with Taehyung. "Thanks Mom. You're the best." He moved to give her a hug.

His mom chuckled at her son. "It's nothing, I'd do anything for you." She smiled while still hugging Jungkook. "But I do have one question."

This made Jungkook release the hug. "What is it?" He said slightly concerned.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend!" She lightly hit him on the shoulder. "And not to mention how cute he is! I saw the picture that you and your friend took."

Jungkook laughed. "I'm sorry. But now that you know and maybe you'll be able to meet him sometime. I know you would love him."

"I hope I do too. But for now why don't you go to sleep and don't be surprised if your dad wants to speak to you. Just listen to him and explain yourself okay?" She said encouragingly.

"Okay I will mom, goodnight."

"Goodnight Jungkook."

***

The next morning Jungkook got up and started to get ready for school like normal. He knew he had to tell his friends about what happened with his dad and hopefully one of them could tell Taehyung in the complex.

Jungkook just got done getting dressed and made his way down the stairs. He wasn't planning on eating any breakfast at home so he want straight to the door.

"Son?"

The call made Jungkook freeze right by the door.

"Jungkook can you please come in the kitchen?"

His dad sounded calm and that was a good sign.

Jungkook walked into the kitchen to see his dad leaning against the counter eating his toast.

When his dad finally noticed that he had come into the kitchen he cleared his throat and set down his toast.

"The first thing I want to say is I'm sorry. I had no right to call you what I did last night and I need you to know that I did not mean that." He said with a serious tone.

Jungkook only nodded, deciding not to speak yet.

His dad sighed. "Okay, you know that I've always been against the aliens-"

Jungkook gave him a sharp look.

"I'm sorry. I mean the people in the complex." His dad took a breath. "But your mom talked to me last night and told me how unreasonable I was being. I shouldn't have judged them that quickly with no information about how they truly are. So I want you to tell me about your friends."

Jungkook was shocked. His dad has never been this open about talking about the 'aliens' and he also called them my friends.
"Well, they're great and super nice." He said already starting to get in a better mood when talking about his friends. "They have never done anything to me and have always been greatful that Namjoon, Jimin and I took them in as friends."

He watched as his dad nodded his head, hesitant in asking the next question. "And what about that umm boy?"

Jungkook finally smiled widely when Taehyung was mentioned. Just the thought of him could make his mood one hundred times better. "His name is Taehyung and he's my boyfriend. He is amazing, I don't even think I can put it into words."

His dad saw the love in his son's eyes and he had never seen that before. He cleared his throat again. "Look I know I've been an asshole about you being associated with them but I will try to not be that way anymore. It might take time but I promise I will try."

Jungkook broke into a smile again and went to give his dad a hug. "Thank you so much dad. It means so much that you're trying."

His dad chuckled hugging his son back. "It's no problem. I'm just sorry I've been a bad dad."

"You haven't been a bad dad, you were just to judgemental of people you didn't know."

His dad nodded in understanding. "Okay now get to school, you're going to be late."

"Okay dad, I'll see you later." Jungkook said while making his way out the door.

When he closed the door behind him, his phone suddenly started to ring and saw that Jimin was calling.

Jimin
Accept/Decline

"Jimin? What is it?" Jungkook said confused.

"Kook! Where are you?" Jimin replied somewhat frantically.

"I just left my house. I'll be at school soon."

Jimin groaned over the phone. "Urgh I can't wait that long to tell you!"

This confused Jungkook even more. "Wait what? What were you going to tell me? Is it something bad? Did something happen to - "

"Jungkook!" Jimin yelled, interrupting Jungkook mid sentence. "I was going to tell you what the government said just a few minutes ago."

"Well? What is it?" Jungkook said impatiently.

"The people in the complex are getting more freedom! Our friends are getting more freedom!"

_______________________________

Hiii :))) I literally can't believe this book has 5,000 reads. Thank you guys so much!!

And thank you for voting and supporting me, it means the most
<3 <3 <3