How To Tell If You've Been Cursed

A curse is a spell that's been magically directed towards you with ill intentions. Whether it's intentional or unintentional, curses occur when someone channels negative energy your way, and then it manifests in your life in terrible ways. The effects on you can range from misfortune in your career or love life, to actual physical harm done to you. Some curses even last beyond death, so that it follows you to your next incarnation!

Needless to say, getting cursed is something that you want to avoid. However, there are times when you can inadvertently receive the wrath of another person's curse. When this happens, it's important to recognize that you've been cursed, so that you can seek the help of someone who can help you remove the hex. Here are 10 tell-tale signs to let you know you've been cursed...

Strange Objects or Symbols In Your Home

If you're the target of some malevolence, the one enacting the curse usually has to establish some form of contact for the curse to be effective. Often, the witch will leave an artifact, talisman, or sigil, in your living space to mark you and your territory. When your trees or houseplants begin getting sick, this could be a sign that you've been cursed. Plants are easily affected by negative energy because they have no way of warding or cleansing themselves. Furthermore, some witches hide magical objects in the soil to avoid the wary eyes of their targets. Get rid of any spooky objects and symbols that find their way into your residence.

Personal Belongings Have Gone Missing

All your personal belongings carry some of your energy on them, so if someone wants to curse you, they can use these objects as a link to you. Photographs are a particularly powerful link, especially the ones printed on film, so keep an eye out for albums or pictures that go missing from your house or your wallet. Objects that are particularly close to you, such as clothes, underwear, or jewelry that you wear every day, are also often used in rituals.

A Puddle of Liquid Just Outside Your Living Space

One of the tools that are often used in curses is a potion. Although potions are usually consumed by the targets, they are also sometimes poured in or around your living space. You may want to keep an eye out for strange liquids that have been spilled near your home, especially just outside your doorstep. Broken glass and iron nails may also accompany these fluids. If you don't recognize the liquids and you suspect they might be harmful, it might be a good idea to seek the help of a professional psychic to help you dispose of it.

Sudden Physical Pain

When you're the target of a curse, the sudden assault of negative energy will often register as pain in your body as the curse hits your energy field. This pain is a good indicator that something supernatural is going on, especially if it's the kind of pain that you've never felt before. It's always recommended to get a medical opinion from a doctor or medical professional first, and then once you rule out any medical reason for your pain, you can move on to seeking the help of psychic experts to help you with the curse.

Noticing Changes in Your Physical Appearance

Spells that are meant to do you harm can take a great toll on your physical appearance, too. After all, hexes and curses make use of dark energy, which can wear down the positive energy that keeps you bright and vibrant. If you are cursed, you'll notice that you look fatigued and haunted, with sunken eyes, dark circles, limp hair, and sallow skin. Unexplained changes in your weight, mood, and sleeping patterns are also associated with curses.

Nightmares of Being Cursed

Although you may not be aware of the curse in your waking moments, your subconscious will sense the dark energy that was sent to you and warn you through your dreams. If you're especially intuitive or sensitive, there's a greater chance of you getting warnings via dreams. Oftentimes, these dreams or nightmares include a person performing a curse on you. Sometimes, these dreams show up as an important clue, such as when you know the specific person who was in your dream. When this happens, try to apologize for an offense and make things right with the individual who cursed you. It's possible that an apology is the only thing he or she wants from you before releasing you from your curse.

Odd Behavior of Animals Around You

When you are the target of a curse, dark entities tend to lurk around your energy field, as they're attracted to the dark energy of the curse. Animals are very, very intuitive to spirits and energy, so a lot of them will be able to detect these strange and inhuman entities. Watch out for weird behavior from your pets, which usually consist of dogs barking at empty space, or cats playing or fighting with someone who's not really there. Defensive or fearful dogs and cats are also warning signs. Other animals will be attracted to the strange energy of the curse, even if they aren't close to you at all. Large colonies of ants often appear in places they don't usually frequent, as well as birds and ravens suddenly beginning to circle your house.

Dark Omens Show Up Regularly

Another important thing to keep an eye out for is omens. Some omens, which hint at the presence of magic include blue butterflies, owls, and crows. To be clear, the magic can be either good or bad with these omens, so you may need to watch out for other signs of a curse. Other omens are darker and more ominous, such as seeing a dark egg yolk, which speaks specifically of black magic. The noises of deathwatch beetles are also foreboding since they're usually heard around dead or dying individuals. Will-o-whisps, which are ghostly orbs that follow targets, is also an indicator of curses, dark magic, or even death.

Protective Amulets Break

When you notice that some of your protective crystals and amulets are cracked or broken, it means that these stones have taken a beating from a strong force of negative energy. At this point, they can no longer protect you from a curse or hex. Any force that's powerful enough to fracture a crystal is something to be wary of, so when this happens, get a new amulet to offer you further protection.

Bad Luck Can't Be Explained

Finally, take a closer look at your life and determine whether the bad fortune you've been experiencing lately can be logically explained or not. Are you responsible for the sudden wave of arguments between you and your partner? Is there a good reason for your boss firing you after five good years of working together? Do you find it strange that bad things are happening to your relationship, career, and health - all at the same time? It's important to own up to any mistakes you've made, but if you can honestly say that your problems are piling up through no fault of your own, there might be a more sinister force at work. Being aware of a curse on you is the first step to getting free of it, so it's always best to make sure that you pay close attention to the things around you.