The 11 Mile Game

To do this ritual/game, you need a car or a motorcycle (basically something you can drive, you'd be extra ballsy to do this with a motorcycle though) and a strong wish.

Let's start with how to find 11 Mile Road. Keep in mind this is a one-person game. No friends allowed.

To find the road, you need to:

Begin your drive at night; try to choose a late time where there's little to no other drivers on the road

Find a back road inside some dense woods. It has to be inside the forest, not outside or around it.

Once you're inside the woods, begin driving down the desolate roads until your intuition tells you you've found 11 Mile Road. Keep your mind and eyes open, you'll know the road when you find it.

Now that you have found the road, you can begin driving down it right away or take a moment to stop the car and collect your thoughts. This is the only time during the drive you can stop the car and/or turn back, choose wisely.

If you've chosen to drive the road before I go over what you can expect, here are some notes to keep in mind during the drive:

DO NOT listen to music or turn on the radio at all

DO NOT open your doors or windows

DO NOT stop the car; especially to investigate anything you might hear or see inside the car or outside. Just keep going.

DO NOT use a phone or any other device

And finally, DO NOT drive faster than 30mph. This one is mainly a safety hazard for you and your car.

Okay, now that we've gone over the warnings, here's what to expect now that you've begun your 11-mile drive:

First mile: Nothing much will happen. It may get cold, you can turn on the heat if it gets too cold. Keep driving.

Second mile: Same as the first mile. Keep driving.

Third mile: You will begin to see movement around you... Don't take your eyes off the road. Ignore ALL movement. Keep driving.

Fourth mile: Ignore any voices. Keep driving.

Fifth mile: If the trees around you seem to start diminishing, you see a lake, and/or you see the bright glow of the moon...don't stop driving. No matter how pretty and random it may seem. Keep driving.

Sixth mile: The trees will return and the stars will disappear. You're "back" in the forest. Ignore the flickering of your headlights. Ignore whatever your radio tells you; DO NOT attempt to turn off the radio. Keep driving.

Seventh mile: Keep ignoring the voices, even if they're coming from your backseat. DO NOT turn around. Keep driving.

Eighth mile: DO NOT stop driving, no matter what. Even if your flickering headlights make it hard to see in front of you, slow down but do not stop driving. Don't stop for anything. No exceptions. Keep driving.

Ninth mile: Your vehicle may stall. Close your eyes if your vehicle stops; don't open them for ANY reason until your car starts. Once your car starts, slam on the gas and keep driving.

Tenth mile: Don't look in your mirrors; not even to look in your backseat. Keep driving.

Eleventh mile: Your vehicle will stall again in front of red light. DO NOT look at it. Close your eyes, cover your ears... whatever you have to do. Just don't open your eyes until your vehicle starts again. Ignore the voices, ignore whatever is grabbing you, ignore everything no matter what. Once your car restarts, Keep driving a little further.

Continue driving further until you reach the dead-end up ahead. Here is where you make your wish. Don't just wish for it, envision it. Imagine it's with you now. If you wished for something small enough to fit in your pocket, check there. If you wished for something bigger, check your backseat or your trunk. If you wish for something that isn't material, then go back home and wait. It'll come to you very soon, but is there a price and was it worth it?

If you can live with the major PTSD and whatever else follows you from your journey, then you can live happily with your newly gained wish, or you can gladly go down 11 Mile Road again.