Chapter 9~

Cristina's POV:

I was at home helping my dad make the tofu and rice we were having for dinner. I recently tried going vegetarian and he was being super cool about it. We finished everything up and since my little sister Vicky was out with my stepmom Frances, it was just me and him.

"So honey how was school today."

"Ugh, they showed us that dumb hormonal telegram video about how are bodies are about to go through some stupid metamorphosis. And now Shawn is starting to like girls."

"Girls like you?" He said putting his fork down and string at me while looking all protective.

"No, girls like Hilary Jameson. Come on dad, Shawn wouldn't like me like that."

"Why not?" He said picking up his fork and starting to eat again.

"Because we're best friends. Best friends don't like each other like that."

"Well Frances and I were best friends."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah we were best friends for probably about 10 years before I asked her to marry me."

"10 years? That's a long time." I put my fork down and look him right in the eye. "How did you know you loved her?"

He smiled. "Well, I was taking her sister's wedding pictures because i'm pretty good with camera's. And as I was taking the photos, just looking around. I looked through the lense and saw her in the front row, and in that moment I saw her with a completely different set of eyes."

"What do you mean?"

"There was something about her that I didn't see before. I don't know what it was but it was beautiful."

"So how did you two get married."

"Well I told her how I felt and she thought that since I was still fresh out of a divorce we should give it time for you and Vicky's sake. But one day, I asked her to dinner and proposed."

"You guys didn't even date?"

"Nope, I just bought a ring and got down on one knee and hoped everything would turn out all right."

"Dad that's really sweet and all, but I don't think that's Me and Shawn."

"Good because you both are 11 and i'd kill him." I laughed and we went back to eating our food.

Once we were finished I heard the phone ring. "I got it dad." I put my plate and fork in the sink and ran to the phone on the table next to the couch.

"Hello?"

"Hey Crissy." It was Cory, he sounded kinda down.

"Hey Cor what's wrong?"

"Ugh, it's Shawn. He had his date with Hilary today and they went to the movies and threw malt balls at peoples heads, and he missed our game of basketball."

"Malt balls? But he normally does that with us."

"Yeah well looks like we're being replaced."

"Cor I don't think it's gotten that bad yet. Maybe it's just a phase."

"I don't know Crissy, the way he was talking about her just made it seems like she was the only person worth talking about." I felt really funny after he said that.

"Well we still got each other right?"

"Right."

"Well I gotta go start my homework but i'll see you tomorrow Cor."