Chapter 73~

~Two Years Later~

Shawn's POV:

Today was Father's Day. Cristina and I had invited our parents to come up and spend the weekend in New York. Cristina had been doing most of the preparations for their welcome party. She seemed super tired from work but every time I had tried to help she slapped my hands and told me that she could handle it. I love my wife but she sure can be stubborn.

We waited by the door to welcome our parents home as they arrived. After about 10 minutes of waiting they finally walked through the door. We gave them hugs and said our hellos as we took their bags into their rooms.

My dad saw we were taking their stuff into the bedrooms and questioned it. "Wait why is all our stuff going in the bedrooms?"

"Because that's where you'll be sleeping dad."

"But if we take the only two bedrooms where will you two sleep?"

"Dad we have a pull out couch."

"Nope. You two should have your privacy. I'm taking the pull out."

"Dad it's Father's Day. You know that day when people are supposed to do nice things for their dad? That's tomorrow. Plus you just flew all the way from Philadelphia. Just take the bed." I pleaded.

"Okay fine." He said grumpily.

"Good. Then let's get you guys comfortable and i'll get set up for tomorrow."

It was pretty late so we all headed to bed. After Cristina and I finished setting up our bed. We laid down and started to talk.

"I'm so happy I have you." She said.

"I'm happy I have you too." We smiled at each other and eventually fell asleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The next morning, Cory and Topanga's parents came over to the apartment so we could all celebrate together. As everyone was mingling, I saw Topanga and Cristina in the corner. Cristina handed Topanga a video camera. What was that for?

About 30 minutes went by and Cristina got everyone's attention. "Excuse me everyone?" She said loudly.

Everyone stopped and turned to her. It was then I noticed that she was holding a small rectangular box. I saw Topanga in the corner start to film her with the camera. "I know this is kind of weird, but I wanted to give something to Shawn today."

Me?

"Wait what?" I said.

She walked over to me and Topanga began to film us. "Shawn Patrick Hunter. I love you. Everyday I wake up and i'm thankful for the fact that I have you in my life. And what's in this box, will change us, but it won't change our love for each other. If anything, it will amplify it."

She starts to tear up as she hands me the box. I take the box curiously and open it.

Holy Shit.

Holy....

Shit!

It was a pregnancy test.

A positive pregnancy test.

I pull out what's in the box so everyone can see. I start to see smiles on everyone's faces in my peripheral vision.

"Happy Father's Day Shawn." She says while smiling happily.

"I'm gonna be a dad." I look up at Cristina. "I'm gonna be a dad." A smile starts to grow on my face. I can no longer contain my excitement. "We're gonna be parents!" I go to hug her and she wraps her arms around me. I hear people congratulating us and clapping but all I focus on is Cristina, and my new baby.

"I love you so much." I whisper into her ear. "And i'm gonna love our baby too." I began to cry. I didn't even notice I was until I felt her shirt start to get wet. But neither of us cared.

We were gonna be parents.

However, our moment was interrupted by my dad.

"Okay now i'm definitely taking the pull out tonight!"