Chapter 29~

Hey, so sorry I haven't updated in a while. Quarantine has really put me in a rut mentally. But i'm really proud of how well this story is doing so i'm gonna try as hard as I can to finish it. I've got a bunch of ideas that just need touching up so don't worry this story will get finished.

Shawn's POV:

I walk into the apartment and slam the door.

"JOHN!"

I see him in the kitchen. "What is it Shawn?"

"You were wrong."

"About?"

"These feelings. They aren't just in my head. I thought they were gonna go away but they aren't. John I don't know what to do."

"Hunter I didn't say it was all in your head. I said be prepared if it is, and if it isn't, then you like her."

"John that's the problem, I don't think I like her. I think I love her."

He looked taken aback for a few seconds. "You love her?"

"I don't know." I put my hands over my face and sat down on the couch. He walked over and sat down next to me.

"Shawn that's not a word that people should use lightly. That word has a strong and powerful meaning attached to it."

"I know. And i've never really used it to describe my feelings about a person before. But for some reason, when I saw her preform tonight, it was the only word I thought to use."

"You said it out loud?!"

"No, I said it in my head." He sighed in relief. "But it didn't make it feel any less real."

"Shawn what do you think love is?"

"I don't know much about it. But, as far as i'm concerned, I think it's what I feel for Cristina."

"What do you feel for Cristina?"

I thought for a minute. "Everything? Everything and anything all at once. She makes me so happy when i'm with her that it almost hurts. She makes me want to be a better person when i'm around her."

"And when you're not with her?"

"I feel..." I was struggling to find the right words to phrase this. "strangely at peace."

"Why at peace?"

"Because just because we're away from each other doesn't mean either of us are going anywhere. Unlike most of the relationships in my life I don't have to worry about her leaving." I chuckled a bit. "God this is some of the cheesiest stuff i've ever said."

"But is it true?" He looked me dead in the eyes.

"Trust me John I wish I was lying." I got up and walked over to the kitchen counter.

"Why? To me it sounds like this could really turn into something good for you."

"Oh yeah totally. I'll just ask out the girl, who thinks of me as a brother, out on a date when she has a boyfriend. 'Hey Cristina. How was French class? Oh yeah by the way I think i'm in love with you, wanna go see a movie Friday night? You can totally bring Derek if you want.'" I dropped my smile as I finished doing my little reenactment.

"Maybe her feelings would change if you would admit yours."

"John why are you so hell bent on trying to get me to ruin one of the few good relationships I have?"

"Because, i've lived long enough to see how people's lives turn out when they overthink everything they do and don't do what they really want. They aren't happy people Shawn."