Chapter 34~

Cristina's POV:

"Let's go get seated." Derek said.

He took me to some fancy restaurant because he felt bad that we weren't spending enough time together lately. I will admit this place made me feel way out of my element but at least we were finally getting some alone time.

As we sat down I looked up at him. "You know you didn't have to take me somewhere this nice. I would've been perfectly okay with going to Chubbies."

"I know. But you deserve some special treatment. You are my girlfriend after all."

I gave him a small smile and picked up the menu set down in front of me.

"This stuff is all really expensive."

"Don't worry about it. Tonight is on me."

This was the first time we hadn't split the bill. He knew I didn't like it much when I couldn't pay for at least half. Something is weird about him tonight. He's normally so laid back. Now he's being super formal.

"Derek just at least let me pay for part of—" He cut me off.

"I said it's on me." He seemed frustrated when he said that so I decided to leave it be. After a second he put back on his smile like it was nothing. "The chicken fettuccini sounds good."

I shyly smiled at him. "Yeah it does."

We sat in silence until the waiter came to the table with his notepad out. "Hi, my name is Rick i'll be your server for the evening. Are you ready to order? Or can I start you out with some drinks?"

"Two chicken fettuccinis and i'll have a coke. Cristina?"

"Oh um, I would actually like a new york steak and a water."

Dereks face grew serious. "You said you wanted chicken fettuccini."

"No I didn't I agreed when you said it sounded good."

Derek put his hand over his mouth in a frustrated manner. "Fine whatever."

Rick looked down at his notepad and looked back up between us. "Would you like mashed or a baked potato to go with your steak miss?"

"Mashed is fine."

"So we have a coke, a water, 1 chicken fettuccini, and a new york steak with mashed potatoes?"

"Yes, thank you Rick." I smiled at him, I felt bad that he had to see Derek be so cold all the sudden. He smiled back and went off to the kitchen. Once he was out of earshot I turned back to Derek. "Okay why are you acting so weird?"

"Me? What was that thing you just did with the waiter?"

"What thing?"

"The way you thanked him and smiled at him. I'm right here you know."

"Derek it's called being polite. Unlike you I remembered to bring my table manners tonight."

"Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're being rude."

His serious demeanor suddenly fell and he smiled again. "Cristina, i'm sorry let's just put that behind us and enjoy the night."

I had a bad feeling about how quickly he was able to just drop it, but I wasn't about to start another argument so I just shook it off. "Okay let's do that." We both out our napkins on our lap as we waited for out food and drinks.

A few moments later, Rick came over and set out drinks down on the table. "Okay one water, and one pepsi."

Derek's smile dropped once again. "I asked for a coke."

"Oh, my apologies sir. I'll get that fixed for you." Right as he went to grab the cup Derek knocked it over and made it spill on the floor.

"Oops." He smiled maniacally, pretending he did that on accident.

Rick's cheery expression fell, he looked a little sad now. "I'll get that cleaned up for you." He walked to the back of the restaurant to go get some towels.

"Derek what is your problem tonight? You're fine one minute and acting like a dick the next."

"Well maybe he shouldn't have gotten my drink wrong. It's his job to serve me what I order. Not my fault he's not doing it right."

"Have some manners, it was a simple mistake."

Derek looks like he's about to say something but Rick returns with some towels and starts cleaning the spilled soda off of the floor.

"I'm so sorry about that spill."

"It's okay miss." He gets back up and turns to Derek. "I'll be back with your coke right away sir."

Derek ignores him as he walks away. "Being polite my ass, can you stop flirting with the waiter?"

"If you weren't being such an ass maybe you'd realize that i'm not flirting."

"And you say i'm being rude."

"You are. Knock it off or i'm leaving."

"All I wanted to do tonight is treat my girlfriend to a nice meal. How does she repay me? She calls me names, flirts with our waiter, and threatens to leave in the middle of the meal."

I threw my napkin on the table and scooted my chair back. "That's it i'm outta here."

"Fine then leave. See if I care."

I got up and right before I walked away I looked him straight in the eye. "Call me when you're ready to apologize."

I walked out of the restaurant and saw Rick. "Do everyone a favor and spit in his food."

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Sure."

"I was gonna do that anyway."

We smile at each other and I walk away.

Needless to say i'm never coming to this restaurant again.