Chapter 49~

~Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter but i'm trying my best to finish the book as soon as possible without taking away from the quality and I hope you guys like it~

Cristina's POV:

"CALLED IT!" Eric shouted.

"NO YOU DIDNT!"

After I dropped Shawn off and gave his mom the post-op instructions, I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. I couldn't sleep for 3 days. I stayed up all night thinking about the how's and what if's. On the fourth day I realized I had to talk to somebody about this or else ai was gonna explode. And since the only person who knew was Eric. I raced over to his house and spent about 3 hours explaining what happened at the ice rink and at the dentist. Thankfully Cory was out with Topanga and his parents took Morgan to a girl scouts thing, so I didn't have to worry about anybody hearing.

"YES I DID! HE ADMITTED IT!"

"Please that had to have just been the drugs talking. Shawn can't like me."

"Really? Why not?"

"Because Shawn likes to play the field. Because Shawn wasn't in his right mind when he said that. Because he's my BEST FRIEND."

"So what i'm hearing is; a) he never gets serious with other girls, b) his inhibitions where lowered, and c) his only emotional attachment to a female is you."

I tried coming up with a rebuttal, but nothing came to mind. Once again, I was speechless when Eric brought up Shawn.

"Cristina, why do you think Shawn dates around?"

"Because he doesn't like serious relationships?"

"Or maybe he doesn't like serious relationships with girls that aren't you."

I scoffed. "You're insane."

He smirked. "No i'm right. And why are you so against the idea Cris? I thought you liked Shawn."

"I do. I even think I love him. But Shawn liking me is already enough of a stretch Eric. I don't want to fall in love with a guy and think I have a chance just to find out he's not as invested as I am. Shawn liking me isn't enough. I don't think he's ready to love me."

"How would you know if you won't give him a chance?"

"Listen Eric, I love Shawn. I do. But he's a heartbreaker. He bounces from girl to girl. And yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe he only goes out with so many girls because he can't be with me. But what if you're wrong? What if he dates a ton of girls because he likes to? What if it has nothing to do with me and this whole thing just blows up in my face?"

"Cristina. I know that i'm not very book smart. I have problems in math, I can't stay awake in history, and I already thought I knew everything about english but apparently where I put a semi-colon is super important." I giggled at his joke. "But the point is that i'm people smart. I see people and I read them well. Now you may not be able to see because you're in the situation, but trust me, he's in love with you."

"And what if you're wrong?"

"What if i'm right?"

"And what if you're wrong?"

"What if i'm right?"

"And what if you're wrong?!"

He sighed. "You want an honest answer?"

"Yeah."

"If Shawn is as good of a friend as you say he is, it won't matter how you feel. He will still care about you. And at least this way you don't have to hide from him anymore. Everything will be out in the open and you can sort out your feelings."

I sat back in the chair and thought about it. "Yeah I guess you're right."

And then it hit me.

"Wait. If you're right...then what the fuck am I waiting for?"