Chapter 63~

Cristina's POV:

It was a rough day at work to say the least. I tried to keep my mind from drifting else where, but I couldn't stop thinking about how Shawn looked at me. How angry he looked. How Topanga looked at me like I was a stranger. How I missed her and Cory's fucking wedding. Their wedding.

The guilt started to creep it's way back into my thoughts. I tried ignoring it. But I couldn't. I needed to get used to seeing them. I needed to get used to this feeling.

When Violet and I got home, all I wanted to do was curl back into bed and never leave. Never step foot outside this apartment. Never see the hatred in Shawn's eyes. Never feel hurt again.

But before I had the chance to go back into my room and sulk, Violet grabbed my arm.

"Oh, no you don't." I turned around slowly and faced her. "I know better then to leave you alone when you're like this." She said. "I know you damn well enough that when that door closes it won't open for a long long time."

My eyes started to water. I didn't want to say anything. I didn't know what to say. I had absolutely nothing to say. All I wanted to do was cry. And she let me. She hugged me and let me sob on her shoulder as she rubbed my back.

She always knew what I needed. She reminded me a little of Eric that way. She was really good at reading people.

I continued to sob for another 5 minutes when she pulled away from me. "If you cry for any longer than this, you won't be able to stop." She was right. "So we are gonna turn on I Love Lucy while I get the chocolate ice cream. We don't have to talk if you don't want to. But I don't want you just sitting in that dark place."

I nodded and went to go sit on the couch. By the time I turned on the tv and found the channel that played I Love Lucy, she came back with two pints of ice cream and two spoons.

"No bowls?"

"What do I look like your maid?" I laughed. I liked how she did that. She knew how to joke around me when I was sad. She wouldn't treat me like a glass figurine like anyone else would. But she knew how to take care of me.

"Oh I love this episode." I said.

"Which one is this?"

"It's the one where she gets a job where Ricky works and she wants to be the star."

"Oh this one's hilarious."

We sat and laughed at Lucy and Ricky for hours. We probably ate half of our ice cream pints and then we figured it was a good idea to stop before we got stomach aches.

We took advantage of our sugar high and went to go pick up our pottery pieces at Color Me Mine. We got in the car and turned on the radio. We horribly sang all the songs that came on and pulled up to the building. We walked in, got our items, and left.

Luckily on our way back we didn't see Cory, Shawn, or Topanga. But I knew we weren't always gonna be this lucky. I had to get used to seeing them again.

Shawn's POV:

"Spit it out what did she say?" Cory asked desperately.

Topanga told us that she had the chance to talk to Cristina after we left. Cory was grilling her about it back at the apartment.

"She introduced me to her roommate and she saw my wedding ring."

"W-what did she say?"

"She didn't know we were married Cor. I saw the look on her face. She looked guilty."

"Please. She's just upset that we ran into her after all these years. She's probably just surprised she got caught after running away." I interrupted.

"Shawn she didn't run away. Was it never weird to you that when she vanished that her parents and sister were never home either? Or that their house never sold?"

"She probably just wanted to move after our fight and they helped her leave because they were happy to do whatever their little baby said."

They ignored my comment and continued their conversation.

"Did you ask her about why she left?"

"I did, but I didn't get the chance to hear what happened. When I asked her about it she shut me down and walked away."

"Yeah, that's what she does best. She leaves when things get tough." I said

"She looks really hurt Shawn. Maybe we should talk to her."

"Over my dead body."

"Shawn." She crossed her arms. "She's not the only one running from this you know."

I stood up. "Excuse me. I don't know if you forgot Topanga but I was the one who stayed."

"Yes, but now you don't even wanna look at her."

"Can you blame me?"

"No. But you can't just keep avoiding her. You live in the same building now."

"I can and I will."

Cory opened the door, I assume to get some fresh air, but he slammed it shut quickly.

"No you can't." He said. Still nervously standing up against the door.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she lives across the hall."

It took a minute to process what he had just said. "What?" Was all I could respond with.

"I said." He tensed up. "She lives...across the HALL!"

Topanga turned to me. "You can't avoid her forever."

"Maybe not." I began to turn around and walk away.

"But doesn't mean I can't try."