Chapter 41~

Cristina's POV:

"How was that Mr. Terrence?" I asked my boss. The band and I were currently rehearsing our set for this Friday.

"That was perfect Cristina. I have to get going, but I trust you guys will finish up rehearsing while i'm gone."

"Don't worry. We'll run through the setlist one more time and we'll pack up for the day." I assure him.

"Okay then. See you guys tomorrow." He waves goodbye as he goes out the door.

Just as he goes out I see someone out of the corner of my eye come in. It was Derek. My smile fell as I saw him walking towards me.

"Hey guys can we take five before running it again?" I ask the band.

They all nod and I hop off the stage. Derek walks up to me slowly looking guilty with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey." He says. I don't say anything and just cross my arms while glaring at him. "You look good."

"Well apparently not as good as the girl you were making out with in the booth last week."

"Listen I know you won't believe me when I say this, but i'm saying it anyway. I miss you. And I know you miss me too."

"You're right, I don't believe you. So don't flatter yourself."

"I won't if you start being honest with yourself and admit you wanna get back together with me."

I roll my eyes at the complete ridiculousness of his statement.

"You want honesty? Fine here it is. I don't miss you. After I saw you kissing that girl, do you know what my first thought was? I thought 'how could I be so stupid?' As in, how could I be so stupid to let somebody who was practically a stranger to me, make me look like an idiot? An idiot for not knowing, for trusting you, for letting you waste my time. You wanna know what I didn't think? I didn't say to myself, 'damn I really liked him' or 'how could he do this to me'? It took you cheating for me to realize that I don't really care about you. We were nice acquaintances who made out occasionally and nothing more. You embarrass me Derek. You embarrass me because you made me feel stupid. You embarrassed me when I defended you to my mom and my friends, only for you to BETRAY me. I had to ask Shawn to be my date to my mom's birthday when you couldn't anymore because you decided to swallow another girls tongue AT MY WORKPLACE!"

"Wait you're taking Shawn as your date?"

"Is that seriously all that you got from what I just said?" He chuckles at my comment. "What's so funny?"

"I see it now."

"See what?"

"Why you won't take me back."

"Yeah well you wanted honesty, so I gave it to you."

"That wasn't honest."

"Excuse me?"

"That all may be true. but you won't take me back because of something else."

"You mean the fact that you swabbed another girls mouth with your tongue and have the audacity to call me dishonest?"

"You like him."

"Who him?"

"Shawn."

I was taken aback by the name that just came out of his mouth. I stopped for a second to gather my thoughts.

"Ah, silence. So i'm right then."

"No. You cheated, accused me of lying, and then said you think I have feelings for my best friend of 10 years. Excuse me if it takes me a minute to process the idiocy of it all."