Chapter 26~

(I just wanted to say a quick thank you for 1K reads. I honestly was just writing this because I was bored. I didn't know people were gonna like it that much so thank you.)

Cristina's POV:

"I got up there and just started singing. I was so scared at first, but Shawn helped me get over it. Thank God"

"Damn I wish I was there." Derek told me.

"I know, I wish you were there too. But that's not even the best part. After I got off the stage the manager came to talk to me and gave me a job there. You are now looking at the lead singer for the band at Soda Pop n' Hop."

"Babe! That's amazing!" He kissed me and we both smiled through the kiss.

Just then Cory, Topanga, and Shawn came to the table and sat down with us. "Guys I was just telling Derek about what happened Friday night."

"Yeah, and Shawn, she told me you were a big help with getting her on stage."

"Yeah, well, she's my best friend, and I knew she was gonna do great so I helped push her out of her comfort zone a bit." He said nonchalantly as he shoved his sandwich into his mouth.

"Speaking of preforming, don't you have to practice with the band tomorrow so you guys can make a setlist for the weekend."

"Shoot, thanks for reminding me Topanga. I almost forgot."

Derek looked over at me kinda sad. "But you said tomorrow we were gonna go see a movie and get some ice cream."

"Derek i'm sorry but that was the only day the rest of the band was free and we need to practice."

"Okay fine, what time do you think you will be done by?"

"8ish, why?"

"Because maybe after I could come over."

Shawn chuckles. "Good luck trying to sneak past her dad. It took me years to finally get past that man."

"He's right. My dad is very hard to sneak by."

"Well then why don't I just walk through the door and properly introduce myself."

My eyes widened and I tried looking as calm as possible. "What?"

"Why don't I finally meet your parents. I mean we've been together for about a month and a half now I think it's time. Plus you never really talk about your mom so i'd love to meet her."

"My mom...right." I paused and looked back down at my food.

Shawn and Cory gave me a weird look. "Cris can we talk to you for a second?" Shawn got up and pulled me away from the table.

"Well since we're already away form the table, sure."

"Cris." Shawn looked at me seriously. "You haven't told him about your parents?"

"Having the 'my parents are divorced' talk isn't exactly on the list cute movie date conversation starters."

"You've known him for a month and a half how could this not have come up?" Cory asked me.

"He's talked about his parents before, but normally I just try to avoid the topic or just say something about my dad and move on. I love my stepmom but that whole situation is just kind of a downer."

Shawn puts his hands on my arms and looks me straight in the eyes. "Listen I know it's not an easy talk to have, but if he's your boyfriend and you really like him then you should be honest with him. I mean you're always talking about how much you love honesty after all."