Friends or Boyfriends?

Hinata speeds down the halls, faster than light. He makes a sharp turn and then bursts into a first year class room.

"Kageyama! Let's have lunch!" He says as he spots the black haired boy. Kageyama walks over to him.

"Don't yell in school, dumbass!" He says sternly and the two of them walk to the roof.

* * *

There were some other kids on the roof besides them.

Kageyama and Hinata walk to a shady place and sit down. They both take out their lunches and begin eating.

"So, Tanaka-senpai said something really funny the other day..." Hinata begins blabbering away like he does everyday at lunch. Kageyama listens to his silly stories but zones out after a while.

"Kageyama? Do you want some rice?" Hinata asks and Kageyama snaps back to reality. The red haired boy held chopsticks up to Kageyama's mouth.

Kageyama opens his mouth instead of answering. Hinata smiles and feeds him the rice.

Some people look at them oddly, but the two boys don't notice. It's like they are in their own little world.

"Do you wanna play volleyball after this?" Hinata asks, taking a sip out of Kageyama's milk.

"Mm." Kageyama replies and nods.

When they finish their lunch, the two boys clean up and walk to the volleyball gym.

* * *

It was at the end of the day and everyone was leaving to go home. The volleyball club didn't have practice today so Kageyama and Hinata walk home together.

They were walking side by side talking when two girls come up to them.

"Kageyama! Hinata!" The two girls shout as they try to catch up to them. The boys stop and wait for them to arrive.

"We have some questions for you two." One girl says.

"Okay." Kageyama says. Hinata looks at Kageyama with a confused look and he does the same.

"You two are friends, right?"

"Yes." Hinata answers.

"Are you guys... boyfriends?" The tall one asks.

The two boys blush.

"WHAT?! NO!!!" They shout that the same time.

"Why would you think that?!" Kageyama says angrily.

"Well, you guys are always together, you eat lunch together and share you food in a lovey-dovey way-"

"In a lovey-dovey way?" Kageyama asks.

"Yeah! You always feed each other and run off some where secret after your done."

"It's not secret! We just go to the gym!" Hinata says defensively.

"And then you guys always walk home together."

"Our houses happen to be by each other!" Kageyama says. "We aren't boyfriends. We are barely even friends."

"Exactly- wait. I thought I was your best friend." Hinata replies with a sad face.

"Well, you are..." Kageyama admits. That makes Hinata gasp and smile and pull the taller boy in for a hug.

"You're my best friend, too, Kageyama!" Kageyama notices that the two girls giggle at them. He pushes Hinata off him and starts to walk away. Hinata came running along a few seconds later after saying goodbye to the girls.