f i v e

"Everyone takes a weapon," Shane stated presenting the group with a set on knives.

Natalie, Isabel and Emilia stood to the side; Natalie already had her weapons, she had told Shane and Rick that if they were to stay and help she would keep her guns, but promised not to use them, that they would only use their machetes and knives. They agreed.

"These aren't the weapons we need - what about the guns?" Andrea stated. Natalie rolled her eyes at her.

"We've been over this, Daryl, Rick, Natalie and I are carrying them. We don't need y'all popping off rounds every time the trees rustle."

"It's not the trees I'm worried about." She replied.

"No, it's not," Natalie spoke, "even if one of us did kill a walker with a gun and a herd was walking by, then that's game over for all of us," Natalie said stepping forward, "we need to come about this in a proper manner, which is stealth." Andrea didn't reply.

The group was now deep in the forest looking for Sophia, Natalie was behind Emilia and Carl, who seemed to be getting along nicely. They were talking about their school life.

Natalie smiled at them, "she's beautiful," Lori said coming up to her. "Emilia."

"Thank you." Natalie answered, "It's nice to see her with another kid, I was scared she forgot how to be one."

"I know what you mean," Lori agreed, "Carl's become so mature, ever since Rick was put in a coma, he's grown up too quickly."

"Maybe that's not a bad thing in this world."

"Maybe."

The group was silenced by Rick and Daryl up ahead, there was a tent.

Carol crept forward and called out for Sophia softly. Begging for her to come out.

Daryl went in, then came back saying it's not her. Saying that the man had opted out.

They continued deeper when a sudden ringing bell could be heard, without hesitation, they all ran towards the sound, "Izzy, lookout for Emmy, alright? Stay with her." Natalie said as she ran out ahead with Shane, Rick and Daryl.

The forest opened out to an open space, revealing a church but no steeple.

Rick approached the church doors, then quietened us. Natalie pulled out her machete and gripped it tight. Rick opened up the door to reveal five walkers still sitting on the pews facing the altar as if they were still praying.

The hairs on Natalie stood up, she'd be killing in a holy place, that made her feel nervous. The walkers turned around, rose up and growled at them.

Natalie sighed before approaching one of the walkers, "God, forgive us for our sins." She spoke sarcastically, before smashing the blade against the walker's skull, making it fall to the ground, she still hit at it until it was fully gone and the face was unrecognisable. "Well, that was unholy." She said looking at the blood splattered against the floor.

Suddenly the bells went off again, the group ran out and they saw that it was electronic and on a timer.

Glenn stormed over to it and unhooked it so it wouldn't ring again.

The entire group was now depressed again.

There was no sign was Sophia anywhere.

Natalie walked back towards her girls and caressed their hair before they walked back inside of the church.