f o u r t e e n

Natalie and Maggie stood outside with Rick's group, waiting for Daryl to come back from interrogating Randal.

"So what are we gonna do?" Lori started, "I think everyone would feel better if they knew what the plan was."

"Is there even a plan?" Andrea asked, "are we gonna keep him here?"

Rick and Shane stood opposite from everyone with his hands on his waist, "we'll know soon enough."

Emilia sat on the grass besides Carl, as they played with some of her action figures.

Natalie sighed quietly. She was happy they were getting along. Although Natalie was thankful for Isabel, she wished that Emilia had someone around her own age to play with. And now she did.

Daryl finally approached the group with his crossbow hanging from his back.

Natalie eyed his hand, his knuckles were all bloody, and his own had looked bruised, probably from all the punches he had given.

Truth be told she wasn't overly fond of the way Randal was being treated, it's not like she wanted to be friends with him, however, she didn't want him to die of blood loss at the hands of Daryl.

She was against all kinds of torture, she hated the idea of the death penalty being used, and Randal technically committed no crime, because as of their time there was political anarchy. But that didn't mean they had to go against everything they once believed in.

"Boy there's got a gang, 30 men. They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead and our women - they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked gently.

"Had a little chat," Daryl said scoffing.

"No one goes near this guy," Rick commanded.

"Rick," Lori started, "what are you gonna do?"

"We have no choice," Rick said coming forward, "he's a threat, we have to eliminate the threat."

"What?" Natalie said shocked and walking towards him, "how can you just decide that quickly?"

"We're just gonna kill him?" Dale said coming to stand beside her.

"It's settled. We'll do it today." Rick said walking away.

Natalie went to follow him, but Dale grabbed her wrist, "let me," she nodded her head and watched him run after Rick.

She walked over to Emilia and Maggie, "come on, let's head in." she said. She picked Emilia up and rested her on her hip, whilst grabbing Maggie by the arm.

"You're not happy," Maggie observed her sister's face.

"What gave it away?" she scoffed.

"Your bitch face," Maggie laughed.

"I don't get it," Natalie said whilst they walked to the house, "how are they all okay with killing a - a kid!"

"He's a threat-"

"Maggie, he is not, his group doesn't know he's alive no one is coming for him!"

"Mama?" Emilia said, wrapping her arms around Natalie's neck and hiding her head in her mother's shoulders, "I don't want anyone else to die, we already lost grandma, Otis, Shawn and Sophia, please, I don't want anyone else to die."

Natalie looked down at her daughter, then back at Maggie, "Look at what death is doing to her, Mags, killing Randal isn't right. The world is filled with death, we don't need to add more to it," she then turned to her daughter, "don't worry, I promise that I'll try my hardest to make sure no one else dies."