t w e n t y - o n e

The group's luck seemed to be increasing, Herschel was recovering well and they were settling in nicely at the prison.

Natalie and the others were driving the cars into the courtyard, so they were easily accessible when necessary.

She drove in her BWM, with a smile, glad that the group was finally feeling safe. 

"Okay, let's get the other car in," Rick started, "and park it in the west entry of the yard. After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them," Rick announced.

The group stood by the entrance, of the prison. Natalie looked at the building. 

It was ugly, she thought. But for now, it was safe. This would be there home. 

"It's gonna be a long day," T-Dog stated.

Carol made her way out the vehicle and walked towards the group, "Where's Glenn and Magie? We could use some help," she stated.

"Up in the guard tower," Daryl pointed.

"Guard tower?" Rick questioned cluelessly, causing Natalie to smirk in amusement, "they were up there last night."

"GLENN! MAGGIE!" Daryl called out to them.

It was silent for a few seconds until the door opened and a half-naked Glenn came out.

"Hey guys! What's up?" He shouted whilst zipping up his trouser.

The group laughed at them, "You coming?" Daryl smirked.

"What?" Glenn said confused.

"You coming?" Daryl reiterated.

Glenn looked back at Maggie confused, then back at the group, "come on we could use a hand." Daryl called.

"That's seriously disturbing," Natalie said laughing and shivering.

The group chuckled, then turned back around to deal with the rest of the cars.

"Y-yeah, we'll be right down," Glenn stuttered.

"Hey, Rick," T-Dog said causing the group to turn back around.

The other two remaining prisoners approached the fence, everyone's smiles dropped at the sight of them.

Rick started storming over to them, "with me," he ordered, making the rest follow him. "That's close enough," he said sternly once they got to them. "We had an agreement."

"Please, mister, we know that we made a deal," the shorter one said, "but you gotta understand, we can't live in there for another second, you follow me?" Axel looked back at the building, "all the bodies, people we knew  - blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts."

"No one's forcing you to stay," Natalie said softly whilst shrugging, "you can always leave if you can't stand the same four walls. Or you can just drag out the bodies and burn them." She suggested.

"We tried," the taller one spoke, "but the fence is down on the other side, and every time we go to drag em out - those freaks just turn up."

"Please, we had nothing to do with Thomas and the others," Axel pleaded, "you tryin' to prove a point, you proved it, bro. We'll do whatever it takes to be a part of your group - just please, don't make us live in that place."

Natalie didn't know what to feel when it came to these two men, she felt sorry for them, firstly, because they knew nothing of this new world, they were utterly confused and felt hopeless without being around someone who had experience.