t w e n t y - t h r e e

Daryl walked over to Rick, who was absently looking at the space in front of him. He waved his hand in front his face slowly calling out for him.

Carl walked over to Natalie, looking at his baby sister in her hands. Natalie took her off her chest and carefully gave him to Carl.

She looked at her in her brother's arms, "she has your nose," she smiled tearfully.

Carl looked up in appreciation, "It's mom's nose as well."

She had calmed down a bit, she was no longer shedding any tears but the feeling of guilt was still present.

"We got anything a baby can eat?" Daryl said concerned coming towards Natalie and Carl.

"I don't think so," Natalie said slowly, wiping at her hands, wanting to get Lori's blood off of them, "but the good news is that she's healthy."

"She'll need formula," Herschel started looking down at the baby, "and soon, otherwise she won't survive."

"Nope, no way, not her. We ain't losing anybody else - I'm going on a run." Daryl stated.

"I'll come with you," Natalie said firmly.

Truthfully, she needed to get away from here. As horrible as it sounded she couldn't even take a glimpse towards Carl, or Rick or even the baby as she rested in Carl's arms.

"I'll join you too," Maggie announced.

"Okay, think about where we're going," Daryl said to the two sisters, "Beth?"

Daryl and her walked off to the side, "Kid just lost his mom. His dad ain't doing so hot."

"I'll look out for them," she replied firmly. Daryl gave her a single nod and looked back at the group.

"You two get the fence." Daryl ordered, "Too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem. Natalie, Maggie, vámonos."

Rick suddenly shot up and picked his axe. "Rick!" Natalie called.

He ignored her and stormed through the door she came from.

She watched him retreat, worried for what he might do.

For what he might see.

She let out a shaky sigh and turned around.

She would let him mourn the way he needed to.

"Get the gate. Come on, we're gonna lose the light." Daryl shouted.

Natalie and Maggie ran for him as they made their way to the car.

"There's a Piggly Wiggly on 85," Maggie suggested.

"No, I've been looking out for it, ever since Lori got pregnant, it's been cleared out." Natalie said quickly getting the door of the car.

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Daryl scoffed.

"We saw signs for a shopping centre just north of here," Maggie informed.

"Yeah, but there's too much debris on the road." Natalie pointed out, "The car will never get through there."

"I can take one of you." Daryl said looking between the two of them and stapping his crossbow onto his motorcycle.

"Me, I gotta go," Natalie said sternly and walking towards him.

Maggie looked at her sister in concern, "No, Nat, after everything that you've been through, okay, I'll go."