Chapter 18

Jacob's p.o.v

The hallway was overflowing with students this morning but it was easy for me to get to class safely since I'm short and skinny and mostly because they stopped treating me horribly. 'He must be a tranny', 'I don't know 'bout ya'll but his hair is pretty', 'don't be selfish and drop the skincare routine', 'I see you, I see you' were the remarks the student made in the hallway. At least today's remarks weren't that embarrassing because these kids really go to an extend when it comes to that.

They seemed to like my outfit which is extremely unlikely of them. Today I'm wearing one of the small shirts Arthur bought me with a pair of gray skinny jeans. I managed to cover my scars with a bunch of colorful wristbands this morning but I didn't even bother combing my hair. I let it fall on my face to cover my puffy eyes with the dark circles around them due to the lack of sleep. Even my body is paler than normal and I feel a little dizzy but it doesn't matter. It's probably because I haven't been eating anything lately.

I lift my head up from the table when I hear the screeching of chairs mixed with the noisy students making their way out of the classroom after the bell rang. I tiredly lift my bag from the floor to pack the stuff on my table that I haven't touched once since the lecture started.

"Wait a minute Park, I'd like to have a word with you" the teacher announces and just that one sentence makes me swiftly pause in front of her desk.

"Yes, Mrs. Price?" I politely answer freaking out on the inside. 'My sleepless nights and the numerous meals I've been skipping are finally getting to me' something whispers in my ears when I feel numbness creeping up from my toes to my legs as they start trembling uncontrollably.

"How do you feel about tutoring one of our students?" she asks me in a very calm voice with her hand on my shoulder and it surprisingly calms me down.

"I don't m-mind d-doing that at all" I lie to her and she smiles sweetly.

"Great, I'll let you know when it's so far. We have quite a view students here that really need some help in math. The school would appreciate it if you helped out" she tells me patting my shoulder and I force a smile. "You'll know as soon as we have the right student for you and don't worry too much, it's going to be fine and you'll get to socialize more" she adds when she sees the look on my face.

"There's one last thing, Park.You've slept during the whole class and I don't think it's normal. Are you all right?" she softly asks and I nod hesitantly.

"I'm okay" I assure her so she can let me go. I don't want tot talk about what's been bothering me.

"All right, that's all I wanted to know. You guys are free for the rest of the day right? You may go now" she says and I wave at her before strolling out. I walk out of the room into the crowded hallway and once again I feel intense stares coming from every corner. 'eyes down, you don't want attention' I mentally repeat as I walk towards the cafeteria where Arthur said I could go if I wanted to find him.

~~

I carefully make my way through the chattering students towards Arthur's table all the way in the back. Hopefully me coming here doesn't cause any problems since I haven't informed him about my little visit. I'm a slight bit nervous now that I'm thinking about it.

I observe every single person on the table attentively and he's sitting with quite a lot of people. Even Abigail's sitting with him, more like in him because they're so close to each other and she keeps whispering something in his ear.

"Y'all, all I'm saying is that boy thick, no homo though. Y'all ain't seen them tight ass pants this morning? Nigga even got the walk right, that's crazy" I overhear one of the guys that's probably in the football team saying.