30 - unbelievable

For the first time in a long time I stare at my reflection in the mirror and I feel somewhat pretty.

There's no bruise on my neck, no tears in my eyes, no cast holding me up. I simply look like an average teenage girl with blue eyes and brown hair and rosy cheeks. I'm sure if someone saw me tonight, they wouldn't suspect i'm so disorderly.

They'd think I was normal. I look normal.

I'm in a simple white shirt, some black jeans and a black leather jacket that ties at my waist. I wanted to wear a different shirt minus the leather jacket but then I realized my marks would be on display for Timothée's parents to see and that wouldn't be the ideal situation when I meet them for the first time in a long time.

My hair was parted in the middle and tied into a sophisticated low pony tail. And I was feeling nervous until Aaron walked in on me getting ready. 'What's the special occasion? You look very well dressed.' He says as he sits on my bed and I laugh at his comment.

When I actually put effort into my outfits that's when Aaron knows there's an occasion. Usually I'm in sweats and a hoodie. 'I'm meeting Timmy's parents today.' I say. He brightens up at that.

'No way can I come with? I miss the Chalamets.' As much as I'd love to bring my older brother along to ease my nerves I know this is meant to be an introducing my girlfriend to my parents type scenario for Timmy, so I simply shake my head at Aaron and see the disappointment on his face.

I frown. 'Trust me, I'd love to have you there. But you have work tonight anyways.' I add and Aaron nods defeatedly.

'I know. It was worth a try through.' I get a thoughtful kiss on the cheek from Aaron before we part ways.

As I head for the gate I slightly hope I bump into Drew. I haven't seen him since Timmy rudely told him to get lost and I hope he isn't still torn up about it. He's nowhere to be seen though so I keep walking until I've made it to their beloved block.

It was a very long walk, but it was long enough to where I could calm myself down and convince myself that these were good people who already knew me and loved me. There's nothing to worry about.

I knock on the door and I'm met with Timothée's bright smile. He leans in for a quick peck on the lips before ushering me inside. He seems extremely eager for me to meet his parents and seeing that warmed my heart.

As I'm lead into the living room I find Marc Chalamet in the flesh. He sitting peacefully on the couch with a newspaper in his hand. He looks calm and collected, nothing like my father would ever be. I wonder what my father is doing now. He's probably laying on his couch with a bottle of alcohol beside him to keep him company.

Marc stands up immediately once he sees us enter and walks over to me with his arms outstretched. 'Ella honey how are you?' He doesn't give me a second to reply because I'm already pull into his arms in a tight embrace and once he finally pulls away I feel so incredibly overwhelmed by all the love.

So I simply grin widely at him. 'I'm amazing, how have you been?' I ask and with that the small talk begins. Marc asks about my job at the diner, he asks about my brother Aaron and about school.

I notice how careful he is to not bring up any sensitive subjects like my father or my mother. He seems cautious as he sparks up a conversation between us and I take into consideration how thoughtful he is. Timothée resembles him in many ways and it's beautiful to see their similarities before my eyes.

Once our conversation has veered into a topic like politics, which Marc feels so strongly about Nicole finally enters the room with a bright smile on her face. One that very much resembled Timothée's. She squeals excitedly once her eyes lock with mine and she rushes to get to me. 'Ella baby you look so gorgeous oh my goodness.' She pulls me in, squeezing me even tighter than Marc had earlier and I appreciate all the love.