Chapter 1

***One year and a half after the Second Wizarding War***

"Where is Ana?" Minerva, the Hogwarts actual headmistress, asked in a hushed tone, leaning closer to Severus' ears.

Severus' dark irises were focused on the Great Hall's doors, impatiently idling for the woman who has stolen his heart the moment she collided against him at King's Cross station. A moment that seemed to have occurred a distant eternity ago, in another lifetime, where Severus never deemed he was going to feel such sentiments ever again. They fell in love with each other at a time where relationships and trust had an unpredictable outcome and such love as theirs prevailed throughout the commotion of the Ministry of Magic's investigations and all the press meddling and rudeness.

When Voldemort was killed, Severus had a hard time getting his life back together. It wasn't just the fact that he needed to show people he was never under Voldemort's orders and he never shared their beliefs. The hardest parts were the endless nights awake, the awful memories playing in his head over and over again, day and night. And the nightmares... The nightmares completely raided the remainder of the will and humor he possessed.

Ana endured those moments, transcending Severus' expectations.

She held him in her arms, she rocked him back and forth, hugging him tightly as if he was the most precious thing in the world. A woman who had lost all kinds of a family she had, discovered her horrifying heritage but, in the end, remained pure and strong and managed to take care of him in such atrocious moments.

"You know her. She neglects the world when she's working on something major," Severus replied, his eyes never forsaking the wooden doors.

Ana had a gift. Sometimes, Severus honestly believes she was bestowed by God himself. Otherwise, how would she be able to handle everything so well, and lift him up whenever he felt down? The nightmares had started to diminish gradually, the long restless nights were replaced by long relaxing nights tangled in each other sated bodies, and the images of the deaths of his dearest ones were no longer in his mind, as Ana filled his mind with many other matters. Like being late all the time.

"Oh, there she is!" Minerva said excitedly.

With a contagious smile on her lips and a dark red wine jumpsuit with a small cape on her back, no one was indifferent to that lovely creature.

Several heads turned around to admire her charming persona, walking happily through the Great Hall, greeting several known students. 

A year and a half had passed since the Second Wizarding Word. A lot of work was done in that school. Lots of sweat and tears fell to the floor while rebuilding it to its former glory. And that year, the staff had finally regained the parent's trust in them and the school was filled with students once more. 

The first years' were awaiting the corridor, the anxiety hovering the air and being received by Ana's senses. She had succeeded to get her powers under control again, after Severus' "amazing" healing tea during the war. She still wondered what the hell was his infatuation with rare flowers' properties and healing teas. They were beneficial, that was correct, but nonetheless, she urged him not to use them on her ever again.

For half a year Ana had some problems with her powers. Several glasses and windows were shattered on Ana's house, the one Dumbledore had given her. At least that had Severus occupied considering he was the one constantly fixing them, as Ana settled at the corner, nibbling her nails, anticipating Severus' scolding. But it never came. All she received were his narrowed dark eyes gawking at her mixed with a delightful embrace.