Starting of friendship

Chandra was pacing just outside the hospital door, gently smiling to the passerby. Interns was long gone home but he was waiting for someone, continuously looking inside from a glass door. Then, the person he was waiting for came with a bundle of files in his hands.

" Don't tell me you were waiting for me" Aakash said, raising his sharp eyebrows.

He looked absolutely stunning in his slightly loose green shirt paired with his khaki pant.

" ummm." Chandra scratched his forehead," your... handkerchief " he handed a green handkerchief.

" its just a handkerchief, you didn't have to return it"

Chandra paused for a few seconds.
" they said its not good to give or take handkerchief" said Chandra in his most softest voice, looking down at handkerchief.

Aakash was stunned. What does that mean?

***(Its a belief in Nepal that if you give  a handkercief to you partner, then their relationship won't last for long. That is why, couples in Nepal doesn't gift handkercief to their partner. )

Aakash tilted his ahead, " aumm, we are not a couple".

" huh? He gave a quizzical look, not getting what exactly Aakash was saying.

Aakash chuckled at his cuteness.

"You will seperate from your partner if you exchange handkerchief. That works only on couples " he walked ahead and smirked.

" uhhh. But still... its yours"

" why are you so stubborn?" He kept walking without looking back.

" i am not"

"See? You are."

-_-
Aakash kept walking with his heavy files.

Chandra sighed and ran to catch up with Aakash then, he took more than half of files from Aakash hand.

" what are you doing?"

" helping you?"

" So will you drop me home again"

Chandra just nodded.

They walked together enjoying the starry sky with the sway of  a leaves in mild breeze which was swaying with the rythem of their footsteps and the light of full moon was showing them the road of happiness that even the silence between felt so peaceful. Every touch of passing winds were pushing them together.

"Did you call your driver uncle?"

" yes. Dr Aakash". Technically chandra just replied in just one word if excluding "Dr. Aakash"

Aakash  shakes his head and turned back.

" can u see that hospital?" He pointed at the tall building.

Chandea stopped and turned back.

"Yea, Dr. Aakash"

" i am outside of that hospital, u don't need to call me Dr. Aakash. Outside of that hospital, i prefer to be an ordinary man"

Chandra looked at his side. He was mesmerised by a beautiful man with a sharp curve of jaw, perfectly pointed nose and a blinking long lashes and a glowing skin which was glowing like a diamond under a light of full moon but mostly he was mesmerised by his beautiful mind.

"Dr" is not an easy title to gain. Who doesn't like to be known as a doctor; afterall it takes years of consistent hardwork. Most of them even like to show off their title infront of their juniors, relatives and in society but this famous surgeon prefers to be an ordinary man.

"Then what should i call you?"

"You can call me Aakash." He paused for  second then, leaned close to Chandra and whisper in his ear " or you can call me brother Aakash, you know i am elder than you" his lips slightly touches Chandra's ear while leaning back.
Chandra's whole body jolted and shivers from the sudden touch. The sensation suddenly rises his body temperature and it made his situation worse when their eyes briefly connected with eachothers.

Aakash looked slightly abashed as he just wanted to tease Chandra but he too felt the touch and heat.
The silence formed after that, made both of them awkward to start a conversation. It became so quite that they could easily hear the heartbeat of their own.

" no, i don't like it" Chandra broke the silence between them.

Aakash instantly felt guilty teasing him. He didn't mean to but, " aumm i am..sor"

" you are not that older than me" Chandra cut him off.

" huh?"

" i don't want to call u brother Aakash. 3 years gap is not that big"

Aakash blinked his eyes not getting what he is saying before he could finally breathe. He felt relived .

"Then, friends?"

Chandra just nodded.
He also didn't know why he agreed on that. He barely had any friends in school and college. He was always bad in words that is why he has always lived a plain life with just "hy, studies and bye". He himself didn't even feel like talking with others but with Aakash, he felt different. He felt happy.

" if we are... friends ..then can i ask you  about your parents?" Chandra asked  in a low voice.

Aakash looked Chandra in his eyes. He could clearly see the soft eyes, showing care and worry for him but still he asked,

"Why?"

Chandra breathe heavily before he answered " because i want to know more about you"

*** please, don't forget to vote.***